|Description||Alphadopa 15 mg (Methyldopa)|
Alphadopa 15 mg (Methyldopa)
Alphadopa is supplied in the form of tablets for oral use. It comprises of an active component Methyldopa, which belongs to the class of drugs known as alpha agonists. The medicine is specially formulated to treat patients with hypertension (high blood pressure). It is prescribed to lower blood pressure in hypertensive patients. It does this by stimulating alpha receptors in the brain. This stimulation causes the brain to send nerve signals to blood vessels that make them widen and relax.
Alphadopa general information
What is Alphadopa used for?
Alphadopa is used in combination with other agents to manage moderate to severe hypertension.
How does Alphadopa work?
Alphadopa comprises of an active component Methyldopa, which works by stimulating central nervous system alpha adrenergic receptors, producing a reduction in sympathetic outflow to blood vessels, heart, and kidneys.
Where to buy Alphadopa online?
Alphadopa is available to our clients in 15 mg strength. Buy Alphadopa 15 mg online from premiumrxdrugs.com far cheaper than your other local pharmacies.
What does Alphadopa contain?
Alphadopa contains Methyldopa as an active ingredient. Each tablet of the anti-hypertensive agent delivers 15 mg of the beneficial ingredient to the patient.
What are the side effects of Alphadopa?
Some side effects related to the usage of this antihypertensive drug include:
- Feeling bloated
- Loss of period in women
- Muscle pain
- Low blood pressure
- Abdominal pain
- Low hemoglobin
- Dry mouth
- Sexual dysfunction
What medications interact with Alphadopa?
- Additive hypotension may occur if taken with anesthesia, an antihypertensive agent, and nitrates.
- Barbiturates, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, nitrates, tricyclic antidepressants, phenothiazine, and amphetamines may decrease the antihypertensive effect of Alphadopa.
- It may increase effects and risk of psychosis if used along with haloperidol.
- Concurrent use of MAO inhibitors or other adrenergic may result in excess sympathetic stimulation.
- Coadministration of Levodopa may cause additive hypotension and central nervous system toxicity.
- A Certain class of drugs such as hypnotics, opioid analgesics, antihistamines, antidepressants, and sedatives may lead to depression.
- There is an increase risk of paradoxical hypertension with concurrent use of from selective beta blockers.
When should Alphadopa not be used?
- Alphadopa is not suitable for patients with the active liver disease.
- It should not be used in patients who are allergic to Methyldopa or other inactive ingredients of the preparation.
Use it with caution in the following medical conditions:
- History of liver disease
- Pregnancy as the safety and efficacy of Alpadopa has not been established in pregnant women.
- Decreased kidney function
- Blood disorders
- Geriatric patients
How should Alphadopa be used?
The medicine is usually taken two to three times daily. The dosage of the medicine will vary depending on your blood pressure level and other related conditions. It is advisable to follow all the instructions given by your physician. These directions will be mentioned on the prescription label provided to you with the medicines.
The tablet is meant to be swallowed with a glass full of water. It can be taken either before or after consuming the food. You are not supposed to stop taking it without discussing the risk factors of the medicine.
The medicine may affect the results of certain laboratory tests. Routine checkups may be required to determine whether the liver is functioning properly or not. These routine checkups may include blood tests, liver function tests, etc. These tests should be performed before the start of the treatment as well as 6 to 12 weeks later.
How long should you use Alphadopa?
Alphadopa tablets should be taken for as long as recommended by the physician. Use it regularly to get the best results.
Missed dose of Alphadopa
Take the missed dose of Alphadopa 15 mg as soon as you remember. Leave the missed dose if it is almost time to take your next dose. Do not take an extra dose to make up the missed one. Try to take the drug at the same time each day as this will reduce the chance of missing the dose.
How should Alphadopa be stored?
- Keep your tablets in the original package
- Do not keep it in the bathroom or near a sink
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and away from pets
- Avoid exposure to light, moisture, and heat