Azee DT 100mg
|Description||Azee DT 100 mg|
Azithral 100 mg (Azithromycin)
Azithral is an antibiotic medication formulated for the treatment of bacterial infections. It is useful in treating many different types of infections caused by bacteria, such as skin infections, ear infections, respiratory tract infections, and sexually transmitted disease, etc. Its active pharmaceutical ingredient Azithromycin belongs to a class of drugs known as macrolide antibiotics. The medicine works to harm the bacteria and fight the infection. It should not be used in patients with pneumonia who are judged to be inappropriate for oral therapy because of a moderate to severe problem or risk factors. To maintain the effectiveness of Azithral, it should be used only to treat infections that are proven to be caused by susceptible bacteria.
What is Azithral used for?
Azithral is used for the following infections due to susceptible organisms:
- Upper respiratory tract infections such as streptococcal pharyngitis, acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis and tonsillitis
- Lower respiratory tract infections like acute otitis media, nongonococcal urethritis, gonorrhea, skin and skin structure infections, bronchitis and pneumonia, cervicitis
The medicine is also used to treat disseminated Mycobacterium avium complex infection in patients with advanced HIV infection.
Your physician may also prescribe this medicine for:
- The prevention of bacterial endocarditis
- The treatment of cystic fibrosis lung disease
- The treatment and postexposure prophylaxis of pertussis in infants
How does Azithral work?
Azithromycin, the active pharmaceutical ingredient of the medicine exerts its bacteriostatic action against susceptible bacteria by inhibiting protein synthesis at the levels of the 50s ribosome. In this way, it kills the bacteria that cause infection.
Where to buy Azithral online?
Azithral is available to purchase online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 100 mg dose. You can buy Azithral 100 mg online at the lowest discount price.
What does Azithral contain?
The medicine comprises of an active component Azithromycin, an anti-infective drug used to prevent or treat Mycobacterium avium complex infection. Each Azithral tablet delivers 100 mg of the beneficial ingredient to the patient.
What are the side effects of Azithral?
- Gastrointestinal issues: abdominal pain, cholestatic jaundice, hepatotoxicity, diarrhea, pseudomembranous colitis, nausea, oral candidiasis, dyspepsia, melena, pyloric stenosis, and flatulence, etc.
- Central nervous system disorders: drowsiness, headache, dizziness, seizures, fatigue
- Hematological issues: leukopenia, anemia, thrombocytopenia
- EENT disorders: ototoxicity
- Dermatological issues: rash, Stevens-Johnson Syndrome, photosensitivity, toxic epidermal necrolysis
- Genitouterine disorders: vaginitis, nephritis
- Cardiovascular problems: palpitations, hypotension, chest pain
- Miscellaneous issues: angioedema, hyperkalemia
What medications interact with Azithral?
- Coadministration of procainamide, amiodarone, sotalol, quinidine, and dofetilide with Azithromycin may increase the risk of QT interval prolongation. Therefore, concurrent use should be avoided.
- Use of aluminum and magnesium-containing antacids along with Azithral may decrease peak levels.
- Avoid the use of Nelfinavir as it may affect the working of Azithromycin, or the antibiotic medicine affects the mode of action of Nelfinavir.
- The antibiotic medicine may increase the effects and risk of toxicity of drugs like zidovudine and warfarin.
- Do not use efavirenz in combination with Azithral tablets.
- Careful monitoring of concurrent use is recommended in case of the following drugs:
When should Azithral not be used?
- Azithral 100 mg tablets should not be used in patients with hypersensitivity to azithromycin, erythromycin, or other macrolide anti-infective agents.
- It is not suitable for patients who have a background of liver problems and cholestatic jaundice with the prior use of Azithral medicine.
Use the medicine carefully in the following conditions:
- Severe kidney problem
- Severe liver problem
- Geriatric patients
How should Azithral be used?
- The medicine should be administered one hour before or two hours after having food.
- Patients are instructed to take the medication as directed and to finish the medicine completely.
- Patients are advised not to share the medicine as sharing can be dangerous. Do not take this medicine with food or antacids.
- The drug may cause dizziness or drowsiness, therefore, it is important to avoid driving or other physical activity that requires alertness until response to medication is known.
- Patients are advised to apply sunscreen lotion and use protective clothing to prevent photosensitivity reactions. One should notify the physician if symptoms do not improve.
- Pediatric patients should tell the physician that medication is well tolerated. The most common side effects in children are rash and mild diarrhea. One should inform the physician if any of these occur.
How long should Azithral be used?
Take Azithral 100 mg for the duration of time it is prescribed by your physician. If you discontinue it earlier, your infection may come back. In case your infection worsens or persists, talk to your physician.
Missed dose of Azithral
Take missed doses of Azithral 100 mg as soon as possible unless it is almost time for next scheduled dose. Also, do not double doses in order to compensate the missed one.
How should Azithral be stored?
- Store in a cool, dry place protected from light as well as out of the reach of children
- Do not store the medicine in the bathroom. Heat and moisture may cause the medicine to be less effective