Ostospray - 3.7 ml
|Description||Ostospray 3.7 ml (Calcitonin Salmon Nasal Solution)|
|Generic Name||Calcitonin Salmon Nasal Solution|
Ostospray 3.7 ml (Calcitonin Salmon Nasal)
Ostospray is recommended along with an adequate calcium intake to retard the progressive loss of bone mass. Its active component Calcitonin-salmon helps treating postmenopausal osteoporosis in women greater than five years post menopause with low bone mass as compared to healthy premenopausal women. The nasal spray is a polypeptide of 32 amino acids in the same linear sequence that is found in calcitonin of salmon origin.
What is Ostospray used for?
Ostopsray is indicated for the treatment for Paget’s disease of bone. It is used as an additional therapy for hyperglycaemia to increase the efficacy and safety of the primary treatment. The medicine is also helpful in managing postmenopausal osteoporosis.
How does Ostospray work?
The medicine has the active component Calcitonin Salmon, which works by inhibiting osteoclastic bone resorption and encourages renal excretion of calcium. In this way it decreases the rate of born turnover and lowers the serum calcium.
Where to buy Ostospray online?
Ostospray is available for purchase online at premiumrxdrugs.com in 3.7 ml strength. You can buy Ostospray 3.7 ml online at an absolutely low price as it does not put a burden on your pocket.
What does Ostospray contain?
Ostospary is composed of Calcitonin-salmon, which is a polypeptide hormone secreted by the parafollicular cells of the thyroid gland in mammals.
What are the side effects of Ostospray?
- Central nervous system disorders: headaches
- Gastrointestinal issues: Nausea, vomiting
- Dermatological problems: rash
- Musculoskeletal issues: back pain, arthralgia
- Genitouterine issues: urinary frequency
- Local problems: injection site reactions
- EENT issues: rhinitis, nasal irritation, epistaxis
- Miscellaneous problems: allergic reactions including swelling, facial flushing, and anaphylaxis
What medications interact with Ostospray?
- Previous bisphosphonate treatment, including risedronate, bandronate, alendronate, pamidronate, etidronate may decrease response to calcitonin.
- It may also decrease lithium levels.
When should Ostopsray not be used?
- Ostopsray should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to calcitonin, salmon protein or gelatine diluents.
- It is not recommended for use in lactating mothers.
- The safety and efficacy has not been established in children, therefore should not be administered in paediatric patents.
How should Osteospray be used?
- Patients are instructed to follow low calcium diet if recommended by physician.
- Encourage patients on correct use of the nasal spray. If you have any doubt about the usage of the medicine please ask your physician for demonstration. When you use it for the first time, activate pump by holding upright and depressing white side arms down towards bottle at least five times until a full spray is released. Now place the nozzle in your nostril, make sure that its head is in upright position and depress the pump towards the bottle. Do not prime the pump before daily use. You are advised to notify physician if significant nasal irritation occurs.
- Patients should be aware of hypersensitivity reactions including fever, serum sickness, hives, skin rash etc. Keep medicines like antihistamines, epinephrine, and oxygen nearby in the event of a reaction.
- Patients should be assessed for signs of hypocalcemic tetany including irritability, muscle twitching, seizures, paresthesia, nervousness, and titanic spasms during the time of initial treatment. Calcium gluconate, parenteral calcium should be available in case of this event.
- Periodic assessment for intranasal symptoms such as septum turbinate, nasal mucosa, and mucosal blood vessels should be done. In case of ulceration, consider discontinuation of the drug.
- Also, serum calcium and alkaline phosphate should be periodically monitored.
- Monitor urine hydroxyproline in patients with paget’s disease.
How long should you use Ostospray?
The spray should be used for as long as suggested by the physician. Use it regularly to get the finest results.
Missed dose of Ostospray?
In case you miss a dose of Ostospray, use it as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose of intranasal spray if it’s too late and almost time for the next. Never try to compensate for the missed dose by doubling it.
How should Ostospray be stored?
The spray should be kept in a cool and dry place. Keep it safe from direct heat, light and moisture. Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.