CoAprovel 300/ 12.50 mg
Coaprovel-300/12.5 mg tablets are used for the treatment of hypertension. The medicine may also delay progression of diabetic neuropathy and is also used to reduce renal disease progression in patients with hypertension, type 2 diabetes, and proteinuria
|Strength||300/ 12.50 mg|
|Generic Name||Irbesartan HCTZ|
CoAprovel-300/12.5 mg (Irbesartan)
Coaprovel-300/12.5 mg is a combination of Irbesartan, an angiotensin II receptor antagonist and Hydrochlorothiazide, a thiazide diuretic, used for hypertension in patients not adequately controlled with monotherapy. The medicine is also used as an initial therapy in patients likely to need multiple medicines to attain adequate blood pressure.
CoAprovel general information
What is CoAprovel-300/12.5 mg used for?
Coaprovel-300/12.5 mg tablets are used for the treatment of hypertension. The medicine may also delay progression of diabetic neuropathy and is also used to reduce renal disease progression in patients with hypertension, type 2 diabetes, and proteinuria.
How does CoAprovel-300/12.5 mg work?
Coaprovel-300/12.5 mg tablets contain the active ingredient Irbesartan, which works by:
- Decreasing the body’s production of substances that can increase the blood pressure level
- Making the blood vessels relax and widen
- Making it easier for the heart to pump blood to all parts of the body
Another active ingredient is Hydrochlorothiazide, which works by increasing the excretion of water and salt out of the body. It reduces the blood pressure within the blood vessels by removing electrolytes and water from the blood stream.
What are the different doses of CoAprovel-300/12.5 mg?
Coaprovel tablets are available to buy online from premiumrxdrugs.com in Coaprovel-300/12.5 mg strength. Buy Coaprovel-300/12.5 mg online far cheaper than other local pharmacies.
What does CoAprovel-300/12.5 mg contain?
Coaprovel is a combination drug that contains Irbesartan and Hydrochlorothiazide as the main active ingredients. Each Coaprovel tablet contains 300 mg Irbesartan and 12.5 mg Hydrochlorothiazide.
What are the side effects of CoAprovel-300/12.5 mg?
Tell your physician, if you do not feel well while consuming Coaprovel tablets.
All drugs can have undesired side effects. Sometimes they are severe, most of the time they are not. Your may require medical help if you get some of the side effects. Inform your physician, if you notice any of the following and they worry you.
- Dry mouth
These are the most common side effects of Coaprovel.
Tell your physician immediately, if you experience:
- Flu symptoms
- Pain in the chest
- Pale or yellowing skin
- Rapid weight gain
- Appearance of rashes on the skin
- Sleeping problems
- Breathing problems
- Anxiety disorder
The list of the side effects listed above is not complete. If you suffer from any of these or any other unwanted effects, please inform your physician.
What are the medications interact with CoAprovel-300/12.5 mg?
Please tell your physician, if you are consuming any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription. Your physician or pharmacist may wish to alter your dose, if you are taking any of the following drugs.
These drugs may be affected by Coaprovel or may affect how well Coaprovel works. You may need a different amount of medicines, or you may need to consume different medicines. Your physician has more information on drugs to be careful with or avoid while taking this drug.
When should CoAprovel-300/12.5 mg not be used?
- You should not use Coaprovel if you are allergic or have hypersensitivity to Irbesartan or to any of the other ingredients of Coaprovel.
- It should not be administered in children and adolescents because the efficacy and safety have not been fully established.
- Also, it should not be given to pregnant and breastfeeding women.
How should CoAprovel be taken?
- Coaprovel tablet is for oral use. Swallow the tablet with a glass full of water. You can take it with or after consuming food.
- The drug helps control your problem only if taken on a regular basis; therefore you must take it daily. Take the medicine regularly to get the best results.
- Do not change the dosing schedule, unless your physician advices you to do so.
- You should only take the number of tablets that you have been told. Visit your nearest medical centre immediately, if you think that you have taken too many Coaprovel tablets by mistake.
How long should you take CoAprovel-300/12.5 mg?
Continue taking Coaprovel tablets for as long as your physician recommends you.
Missed dose of CoAprovel-300/12.5 mg
In case, you forget to take the dose and if it is less than 2-4 hours left for the next dose, leave the missed one and take the next dose at the recommended time. Do not double up the dose for the missed one.
How should CoAprovel-300/12.5 mg be stored?
- Keep it out of the reach of children and away from pets. Avoid exposure to light, moisture, and heat.
- Do not place your tablets in the bathroom or near a sink.
- Do not take any medicine after the expiry date, which is mentioned on the carton.
- Always keep the medicine in the original package.