Dalacin C-150mg Capsule
Clindamycin 150mg Capsule
|Generic Name||Clindamycin HCl|
Dalacin 150mg (Clindamycin Capsules)
Dalacin C 150mg contains the active ingredient Clindamycin, an antibiotic agent useful for the treatment of the number of bacterial infections. This includes pelvic inflammatory disease, bone or joint infection, middle ear infections, pneumonia, strep throat and endocarditis among others. It is also used to treat acne vulgaris, which typically leads to suppression of cutaneous Propionibacterium acnes (a gram-positive human skin commensal that is involved in the pathogenesis of acne. The most important medicines needed in a basic health system. Dalacin may also be used for health conditions not mentioned in this medication guide.
What is Dalacin C 150mg used for?
Dalacin c is indicated for the treatment of anaerobic infections caused by susceptible anaerobic bacteria, including dental infections, and infection of the skin, soft tissue, respiratory tract, and peritonitis. It is also used to treat bone and joint infections.
How does Dalacin 150mg work?
Dalacin comprises of an active ingredient Clindamycin, a semisynthetic derivative of lincomycin reveals potent activity against gram-negative and gram-positive bacterial infections. The drug inhibits bacterial protein synthesis, thereby stopping bacterial growth.
What are the different doses of Dalacin 150 mg?
Dalacin capsules are available to order online from premiumrxdrugs in 150mg strength. Buy Dalacin 150 mg online at an affordable price.
What does Dalacin C 150 mg contain?
Dalacin capsules contain the active ingredient Clindamycin, which belongs to a group of medications called lincosamide antibiotics. Each capsule contains 150 mg of Clindamycin hydrochloride.
What are the side effects of Dalacin 150 mg?
The following side effects have been reported with the use of Dalacin.
- Gastrointestinal Reactions: Abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, esophagitis, and pseudomembranous colitis
- Skin and mucous membranes: Vaginitis and pruritus
- Hypersensitivity Reactions: Generalized mild to moderate maculopapular skin rashes are most frequently reported side effects. Vesiculobullous rashes, as well as urticaria have also been reported
- Hematopoietic: Leukopenia and eosinophilia have been reported.
If you get any unwanted effect, talk to your physician. This includes any possible side effects not mentioned in this medication guide. By reporting adverse effects, you can help provide more information on the safety of this product.
What medications interact with Dalacin 150 mg?
- Dalacin has been shown to have neuromuscular blocking properties that may enhance the action of the other neuromuscular blocking medications. Therefore, it should be used with caution in patients receiving such drugs.
- Antagonism has been demonstrated between Dalacin and erythromycin. Because of possible clinical significance, these two medications should not be administered concurrently.
Keep a list of all your topical agents and give to your physician. Also, do not start new prescription, herbals products, over-the-counter medicines, and dietary supplements without telling your physician.
When should Dalacin 150 mg not be used?
- Dalacin 150 mg is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to preparations containing Clindamycin hydrochloride or other ingredients present in this formulation.
- It is not recommended for use in nursing mothers.
- The capsules are not recommended for newborns, infants, and children.
- It should not be used in patients with nonbacterial infections.
How should Dalacin 150mg be taken?
- Adults: For the treatment of serious infections, the recommended dose is 150 mg to 300 mg every six hours. For more severe infections, 300 mg to 450 mg every six hours are the preferred dosage.
- Children: For serious infections, the suggested dose is 8 to 16 mg/kg/day divided into three to four equal doses while 16 to 15 mg/kg/day is the preferred dosage for treating more severe infections. It should be given in three to four equal doses.
- To avoid the possibility of esophageal irritation, Dalacin capsules should be taken with a full glass of water.
- The dosage regimen may differ from the information contained in this document. In the case of any confusion, please consult your physician.
How long should you take Dalacin 150mg?
Continue taking Dalacin for as long as your physician recommends. Take your medicine at the same time each day as this will help you to remember to take it regularly. If you have trouble remembering your doses, ask your physician for some tips.
Missed dose of Dalacin 150mg?
If you have forgotten a dose, take it as soon you remember and go back to your usual dosing schedule. If the time to take the next dose is near, leave the forgotten dose and take the next dose. Do not double up the dose to compensate the missed one.
How should Dalacin 150 mg be stored?
- Keep Dalacin capsules out of the sight and reach of children.
- Store it at room temperature. Keep the capsules in its original packet to protect from light.