Donep 10 mg
Donep 10 mg (Donepezil)
Donep is formulated for the people who are in the mild to moderately severe stages of Alzheimer's disease. It is not a cure for Alzheimer's disease, but treats the symptoms of Alzheimer's disease. The medicine can only be obtained with a prescription from a physician after a diagnosis of the disease has been made. It has been prescribed only for you or for the person you are caring. Never give this medicine to anyone else. It is possible that your condition will deteriorate after stopping the treatment. Some users report an immediate effect while other patients say it takes several days or weeks for a difference to notice. If you want to stop taking the medicine, then you should ideally speak to your physician first or as soon as possible after stopping the treatment.
What is Donep used for?
Donep is formulated to treat mild, moderate, or severe dementia/neurocognitive disorder associated with Alzheimer’s disease.
How does Donep work?
Donepezil, the active component of Donep inhibits acetyl cholinesterase thus improving cholinergic function by making more acetylcholine available. In this way, it temporarily lessens some of dementia associated with Alzheimer’s disease as well as enhancing cognition. The medicine does not cure the disease.
Where to buy Donep online?
Purchase Donep 10 mg online from a high quality, trusted online pharmacy premiumrxdrugs.com at an affordable price.
What does Donep contain?
Donep contains the active component Donepezil, which falls into the category of drugs known as acetylcholinesterase inhibitors.
What are the side effects of Donep?
- Central nervous system disorders- depression, fatigue, sedation, abnormal dreams, drowsiness, headache, syncope, insomnia
- Gastrointestinal issues- vomiting, diarrhea, anorexia, weight gain, nausea
- Cardiovascular disorders- hypertension, atrial fibrillation, vasodilation, hypertension
- Dermatological issues- ecchymoses
- Metabolic disorders- weight loss, hot flushes
- Musculoskeletal problems- muscle cramps, arthritis
What medications interact with Donep?
- Donep exaggerates muscle relaxation with the use of succinylcholine.
- It interferes with the mode of action of anticholinergics.
- The medicine can increase the cholinergic effects of bethanechol.
- Co-administration of NSAIDs can increase the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Use of ketoconazole and quinidine may increase metabolism of Donep.
- Avoid taking carbamazepine, Phenobarbital, phenytoin, dexamethasone, and rifampin as all these medications can decrease the effects of Donepezil.
When should Donep not be taken?
Donep is not suitable for patients who are hypersensitive to Donepezil or peperidine derivatives.
The safety and efficacy of this drug have not been established in lactating mothers. Discontinue drug or bottle feed your baby.
How should Donep be taken?
For mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease- The recommended dose is 5 mg once daily, after 4 to 6 weeks, your health care specialist may increase your dose to 10 mg once daily. The maximum daily dose in elderly females should not exceed 5 mg daily.
For severe Alzheimer's disease- 5 mg once a day is the recommended dose. Your dose may increase to 10 mg once a day after 4 to 6 weeks, after three months may then increase to 23 mg once daily.
It should be taken in the evening time just before going to bed. The tablet can be taken without regards to food.
How long should you take Donep?
The medication may take as long as three months to start working, and the duration of response, as well as the times it takes for patients to respond to this medication, will vary from person to person.
Missed dose of Donep
Missed dose of Donep should be skipped, and normal dosing schedule returned to the following day. Never take more than the prescribed amount; higher doses do not increase effects, but may increase adverse effects.
Patients should assess for a cognitive function such as reasoning, ability to perform personal tasks, reasoning, attention, and memory, periodically during the treatment. Also, heart rates should be monitored during treatment.
How should Donep be stored?
- Keep the medicine in a safe place, away from children.
- Keep the medication in a cool, dry place, and away from moisture
- The medicine is sensitive to light and should not be removed from blisters until immediately before administration