|Generic Name||Felodipine Extend Release|
Felogard 5 mg (Felodipine)
Felogard is an oral calcium channel blocker prescribed for the treatment of angina, high blood pressure along with several other problems. Its active ingredient is Felodipine, which relaxes and widens blood vessels so that the blood can flow or circulate more easily. Your physician may also prescribe it to treat other conditions that are not listed in this document.
What is Felogard used for?
Felogard is used to treat high blood pressure. By treating high blood pressure, it can help to reduce the risk of heart complications and kidney problems. It is known as a calcium channel blocker.
How does Felogard work?
Felogard 5 mg works by inhibiting the transport of calcium into myocardial and vascular smooth muscle cells, resulting in hindering of excitation-contraction coupling and subsequent contraction. Systematic vasodilations lead to decreased blood pressure while coronary vasodilations result in decreases frequency and severity of attacks of angina.
Where to buy Felogard online?
Felogard is available to purchase online at premiumrxdrugs.com in 5 gm strength. You can buy Felogard 5 mg online at an absolute lowest price as it does not put a burden on your pocket.
What does Felogard contain?
Felogard contains Felodipine as the main active ingredient. Each prolonged-release tablet contains 5 mg of Felodipine.
Effect of alcohol and grape juice on Felogard
Grape juice may increase the amount of Felodipine in your body, therefore, it should be avoided during the treatment.
What are the side effects of Felogard?
- Central nervous system disorders: Anxiety, headache, drowsiness, weakness, confusion, abnormal dreams, dizziness, psychiatric disturbances, nervousness, etc.
- Eye problems: Blurred vision
- Respiratory disorders: Dyspnea, cough, etc.
- Cardiovascular complications: chest pain, syncope, arrhythmias, hypotension, tachycardia, peripheral edema, palpitations, etc.
- Dermatological issues: erythema multiform, rash pruritis, dermatitis, flushing, photosensitivity, increased sweating, etc.
- Neurological diseases: Tremor, paresthesia, etc.
- Hematological disorders: thrombocytopenia, anemia, leukopenia, etc.
- Metabolic system: unusual weight gain
- Gastrointestinal tract issues: constipation, anorexia, dry mouth, symposia, constipation, dysgeusia, diarrhea, etc.
- Musculoskeletal problems: muscle cramps, joint stiffness, etc.
What medications interact with Felogard?
Inform your physician about the following medications:
- HIV protease inhibitors such as ritonavir
- Medicines used to treat HIV infections such as nevirapine, efavirenz, etc.
- Medicines containing St John’s wort may reduce the effect of Felogard and should, therefore, be avoided.
When should Felogard not be used?
- Felogard 5 mg is not recommended for use in children.
- It should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to Felodipine or other inactive ingredients in the formulation.
- The medicine should not be taken with a meal rich in carbohydrates and fats.
How should Felogard be used?
- The recommended dose for adults is 5 mg per day. Depending on your condition, your doctor may increase your dose up to 10mg per day (the maximum recommended dose).
- The recommended dose for a geriatric patient is 2.5 mg per day.
- It may be administered without regard to meals. It can be taken with food if the gastrointestinal problem. Take it with a light meal, which is low in carbohydrate and fat.
- The medicine is available in the form and tablets that should be swallowed whole without chewing or crushing.
- Your blood pressure and pulse should be monitored before treatment, during alteration of dosage, and periodically during the treatment. Periodic monitoring of ECG should be made during prolonged therapy.
- Your weight should be measured on a regular basis. Assess for rash periodically during the treatment.
How long should you take Felogard
Felogard should be used for as long as suggested by the physician. Use it regularly to get the finest results.
Missed dose of Felogard
If you miss a dose of Felogard 5 mg and remember within 12 hours, you should take your missed dose as soon as possible. Then go back to your normal dosing schedule. But, if you remember after 12 hours, do not take the missed dose. Leave it and just take the next dose on time.
How should Felogard be stored?
- Store the medicine in its compliance pack only. Avoid transferring it to the other pill containers
- It is best to keep the package at room temperature
- Keep it out of the reach of children
- Do not place the tablets in the bathroom
- Store it in a dry place