Fortum 1000 mg (Ceftazidime)
Fortum is available in the form of injections for intramuscular use. It is an antibiotic medicine formulated to treat bacterial infections. The active ingredient of the medicine belongs to a group of medicines known as cephalosporins. The drugs of this class act by killing the bacteria that are responsible for the infection. It interrupts with the ability of bacteria to form new cells (bacterial cell wall synthesis) that are essential for their survival. It exerts bactericidal activity by hindering cross-linking of peptidoglycans. The medicine also plays a vital role in the activation of bacterial cell autolysins that may contribute to bacterial cell lysis.
Fortum general information
What is Fortum used for?
Fortum is useful in treating the following infections caused by susceptible organisms:
- Bone and joint infections
- Lower respiratory tract infections
- Febrile neutropenia
- Skin and skin structure infections
- Intra-abdominal infections
- Gynecological infections
- Urinary tract infections
Your physician may prescribe this antibiotic medicine for other purposes also. Please, ask your physician if you have any doubt related to the usage of the medicine or why it has been prescribed to you. It is available only on the prescription of a certified physician.
How does Fortum work?
Fortum’s active component is Ceftazidime which has the bacteriocidal action against susceptible bacteria. It works by binding the bacterial cell wall membrane, causing the cell death.
What are the different doses of Fortum?
Fortum vials are available to buy online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 1000 mg strength. Buy Fortum vials 1000 mg online far cheaper than other local pharmacies along with the fast delivery option.
What does Fortum contain?
Fortum contains Ceftazidime as the main active ingredient. Each vial delivers 100 mg of the beneficial ingredient to the patient.
What are the side effects of Fortum?
- Dermatological issues: abdominal pain vomiting, pseudomembranous colitis, nausea, diarrhea.
- Central nervous system: encephalopathy, seizures
- Hematological issues: hemolytic anemia, bleeding, blood dyscrasias.
- Miscellaneous: allergic reaction includes fever, superinfection, anaphylaxis.
What medications interact with Fortum?
- Coadministration of loop diuretics or nephrotoxic agents including aminoglycosides may increase the risk of toxicity.
- Concurrent use of chloramphenicol may decrease bacteriocidal activity.
- When should Fortum not be used?
- Fortum is not suitable for patients with known hypersensitivity to cephalosporins or other inactive ingredients of the formulation.
- Avoid taking it if you have serious hypersensitivity to penicillins.
The medicine should be used cautiously in the following conditions:
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Geriatric patients
How should Fortum be used?
The recommended dosage is 1 gm administered intravenously every 8 to 12 hours. Depending on the severity of the infection, your physician will determine the right dosage and route for you. Dose adjustment should be made in patients with renal impairment. No adjustment is required for patients with liver problems. It should be taken under the supervision of a physician.
How long should you use Fortum?
Continue taking Fortum 1000 mg for as long as your physician recommends. If you have trouble remembering your doses, ask your physician for some tips.
Missed dose of Fortum
If you miss a dose of Leukeran 2 mg, then consume that dose as soon as you notice, but if you are close to the time for your next dose then leave the missed dose and take your next dose on time.
How should Fortum be stored?
- Keep the vials in a dry place away from the direct light and heat
- Keep all your medications away from the reach of children and pets
- Store the medication at room temperature in a cool and dry place