Hansepran 50 mg
|Description||Hansepran 50 mg (Clofazimine)|
Hansepran 50 mg (Clofazimine)
Hansepran is an anti-inflammatory medication available as soft gelatin capsules for oral administration. It is primarily used for the treatment of multibacillary leprosy, but it is useful in treating typical Mycobacterial infections such as mycobacterium avium complex infection. It may also be prescribed to treat numerous other conditions. The medicine contains the active component Clofazimine; a synthetic dye has been used in treating leprosy since many years. It functions by inhibiting bacterial proliferation. When Hansepran is considered to treat flare-ups of leprosy, it may be given in combination with cortisone-like medicine.
Hansepran general information
What is Hansepran used for?
The medicine is used along with dapsone and rifampicin as multidrug therapy in leprosy. In combination, it is also considered in the management of Mycobacterium avium infections HIV-infected patients and Mycobacterium avium para tubercular in patients with Crohn's disease.
How does Hansepran work?
Hansepran has Clofazimine as the active component with marked anti-inflammatory effects. It adheres to the guanine bases of bacterial DNA, where it blocks the template function of the DNA and hinders bacterial proliferation.
Where to buy Hansepran online?
Hansepran is available to buy online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 50 mg strength. Buy Hansepran 50 mg online at an affordable price.
What does Hansepran contain?
Hansepran comprises of an active ingredient Clofazimine, which belongs to the family of drugs called anti-leprosy. Each caspule delivers 50 mg of the beneficial ingredient to the patient.
What are the side effects of Hansepran?
- Hansepran may cause eye discoloration. Once you stop taking it, your eye and skin color return to normal as it was before. This can take several months or even years. If this problem troubles you, please notify your physician.
- It may also cause dryness and itchiness in the eye and skin. Use a good hydrating moisturizer to get rid of skin dryness. Remember, your skin may develop sensitivity to the sun and sunlamps. Avoid sun exposure during the treatment or if you if it is necessary to go outside, then apply a good sunscreen lotion with SPF 35. Consult your physician immediately if you develop a skin rash.
- Discoloration of feces, sputum, tears, the lining of the eyelids, sweat, urine commonly occurs while taking Hansepran.
- A majority of people may also experience stomach disturbances, diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting while receiving this medicine. In case these unwanted effects are bothersome or persist for a long time, please inform your physician.
- Some rare and serious adverse effects include liver damage, abdominal pain, and jaundice, black or tarry stools, severe nausea, and vomiting. It is advisable to seek immediate medical attention if you notice any of these symptoms.
What medications interact with Hansepran?
Hansepran may interfere with certain medications. Especially, phenytoin, and fosphenytoin. Tell your physician about all medication you are taking. Also, inform about the herbal products you are using. If you are planning to start a new medication either homeopathic or allopathic, please consult with your physician.
When should Hansepran not be used?
It should not be administered to patients with known hypersensitivity to Clofazimine or other inactive ingredients of the formulation.
How should Hansepran be used?
The medicine is supplied in the form of 50 mg capsules. The recommended dose is 100 to 300 mg daily. It should be administered with other antibiotic agents. To avoid stomach disturbances, take it after consuming food. You must drink a glass full of water with each tablet.
How long should you use Hansepran?
Leprosy is a long term infection and it cannot be cured, therefore this medicine should be taken for the rest of the life. Follow your physician’s instructions carefully and continue taking it without missing any doses.
Missed dose of Hansepran
If you miss a dose of Hansepran, take it as soon as you notice. However, if it is time for your next dose, do not take an extra dose to recompense the missed one, just carry on with your normal dosing schedule.
How should Hansepran be stored?
- Keep it out of the reach of children and away from pets
- Store the gel at room temperature. Do not freeze it
- Keep the capsules in its original packet to protect from light