Imuran - 50mg
|Description||Imuran contains the active component Azathioprine, an immunosuppressant that decreases the action of the body�â��s immune system|
Imuran 50 mg (Azathioprine)
Imuran contains the active component Azathioprine, an immunosuppressant that decreases the action of the body’s immune system. It is supplied in the form of a tablet for oral adminstration. The medicine is used to prevent rejection in renal homotransplantations. It is also useful in managing active rheumatoid arthritis to reduce signs and symptoms. The drug is a disease-modifying anti-rheumatic agent that has the effect of dampening down the underlying disease process, instead of simply treating symptoms. Its goal is to reduce the activity of the body’s own defence system.
Imuran general information
What is Imuran used for?
Imuran is used to prevent kidney transplant rejection. It effectively treats severe active erosive rheumatoid arthritis unresponsive to more conventional therapy.
How does Imuran work?
Imuran comprises of an active component Azathioprine, which works by antagonizing purine metabolism with subsequent inhibition of RNA and DNA synthesis. In this way it suppresses cell-mediate immunity and altered antibody formation.
Where to buy Imuran online?
You can buy Imuran 50 mg online from our website premiumrxdrugs.com. The medicine is available in the form of tablet in 50 mg strength to our clients. To buy this product online you may need a prescription from a physician. To buy this medicine at a low price with a fast delivery options consider our website.
What does Imuran contain?
The active ingredient of Imuran is Azathioprine. It is a medicine used to suppress immune system. Each Imuran tablet contains 50 mg of the active component Azathioprine.
What are the side effects of Imuran?
The common side effects of Imuran are as follows:
- Reduction in number of white blood cells
- Infections in kidney transplant patients
- Loss of appetite
- Feeling and being sick
- Inflammation of the pancreas that causes pain in the back and abdomen
- Liver disease
- Decrease in red blood cells in the blood
- Development of infections in patients with bowel inflammation
- Certain types of cancer such as skin, vulva, cancer of the cervix, and lymphomas are common in patients with renal transplant.
What medications interact with Imuran?
Following are the medications that can interact Imuran:
- Ciclosporin or tacrolimus used to treat imunoinsufficiency
- Allopurinol, thiopurinol, oxipurinol indicated for the treatment of gout
- Furosemide for high blood pressure
- Cimetidine for indigestion and stomach ulcers
- Cytotoxic medicines for cancer
- Warfarin or phenprocoumon to prevent blood clots
- Infliximab for the treatment bowel inflammation
- Vaccines injected to prevent hepatitis B
- Indometacin, a painkiller to treat inflammation
- Olsalazine, sulfasalazine, and mesalazine formulated to treat ulcers or chronic inflammation of intestines
- Trimethoprim made to for bacterial infections
- ACE inhibitors to prevent heart failure and high blood pressure
- Pancuronium, curare, or succinylcholine, the muscle relaxants during operations.
When should Imuran not be used?
- Imuran should not be used in patients who have been demonstrated hypersensitivity to Aziothioprine and other non active ingredients of the formulation.
- The medicine has been shown to cause fetal harm therefore; it should not be used in pregnant women.
- Studies have been shown that the formulation appears in breast milt therefore, it should not be used in lactating mothers.
How should Imuran be taken?
The correct dosage of the medicine depends on the patient and the condition being treated. Never adjust your dosage without consulting your physician. This drug is only used on the prescription of a physician and as instructed. The medicine is available in the form of a tablet and should be administered orally with a glass of water.
How long should you take Imuran?
You should take the dose until you finish the entire prescription amount. Never alter the dose or stop it even if you feel well again. You should complete the whole prescribed tablets by your physician.
Missed dose of Imuran
It is very important that you do not miss a dose of Imuran 50 mg and continue receiving it as per recommendations. In case if you miss a dose, please inform your physician and follow his/her directions on how to get back on the normal dosing schedule.
How should Imuran be stored?
- Keep it in its original package in order to protect from direct light and moisture
- Store the injection at room temperature
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children
- Do not store near heat or open flame