Isokin 300 mg (Isoniazid)
Isokin is recommended for all types of tuberculosis in which organism are susceptible. It is available in the form of tablets for oral administration. The medicine contains an active component Isoniazid, which falls into the category of drugs known as anti-tuberculosis drugs. It can be used alone or in combination with other antituberculosis agents to treat tuberculosis. It is also useful in preventing people who had contact with tuberculosis bacteria. It functions by eliminating the growing bacteria. The medicine may also be recommended for other uses; please ask your physician for more information.
What is Isokin used for?
Isokin is used as a first-line treatment of active tuberculosis, along with other drugs. It is used as a mono therapy for the prevention of tuberculosis in patients exposed to the active disease.
How do Isokin works?
Isokin comprises of an active component Isoniazid, which works by inhibiting mycobacterial cell wall synthesis and interrupts the metabolism. It exerts bacteriostatic and bactericidal action against susceptible mycobacteria.
Where to buy Isokin?
You can buy Isokin 300 mg online from our online pharmacy store premiumrxdrugs.com at the lowest price as compared to any other local or online pharmacy store with quick delivery options.
What does Isokin contain?
Each Isokin tablet delivers 300 mg of the active ingredient Isoniazid, which belongs to the class of medicines known as anti-tuberculosis.
What are the side effects of Isokin?
The common side effects related to the usage of Isokin includes stomach discomfort, nausea, and vomiting. You should inform your physician if any of the symptoms troubles you or persist for a long time.
Other rare and serious side effects of the medicine include:
- Severe dizziness
- Mood changes
- Increased thirst
- Allergic reactions
- Swollen or painful joints
- Vision change
- Difficulty breathing
- A persistent sore throat
- Signs of new infection
- Change of urine
- Tingling of legs and arms
Ask your physician for the full list of unwanted effects. In case you feel any discomfort
What medication interacts with Isokin?
Taking two drugs together at the same time may cause serious side effects, or one drug may affect the working of another drug. Hence, to avoid drug interaction, it is important to share with your physician the medicines that you are currently taking. Tell your physician especially about the following drugs:
- Certain azole antifungals
- SSRI antidepressants
- Valproic acid
- MAO inhibitors
This section may not contain all medicines that can affect the pharmacokinetics of Isokin. There may be others too. Ask your physician for the complete list of drugs.
When should Isokin not be used?
- Isokin is not suitable for patients who have been demonstrated hypersensitivity towards Isoniazid and other inactive ingredients of the formulation.
- It should not be used in patients with the acute liver disease.
- The medicine is not recommended for patients with previous hepatitis from Isoniazid.
Isoniazid should be used with caution in the following conditions:
- Women in the postpartum period
- Severe renal impairment
- Malnourished patients
- History of hepatic impairment or chronic alcohol ingestion
How should Isokin be taken?
- The recommended dose for adults is 300 mg per day or 15 mg per kg 2 to 3 times weekly.
- For children, 10 to 20 mg per kg a day or 20 to 40 mg per kg two times weekly is the preferred dosage.
- Mycobacterial studies and susceptibility tests should be performed before and periodically throughout the treatment to detect possible resistance.
How long should Isokin be used?
Take Isokin tablets as long as recommended by your physician. For best results, follow your guidelines provided by your physician.
Missed dose of Isokin
If you miss a dose of Isokin 300 mg, consume that dose as soon as you notice. If the time to take the next dose is near, wait until then and then consume your medicine after few hours. Never take an extra dose to compensate or to catch up the dosage that you have missed. If you are regularly missing doses, please consult your physician and discuss changes in dosage or a new schedule to make up for missed doses, if you have missed too many doses in the recent past.
How to store Isokin?
- Keep the medicine at room temperature
- Keep the tablets in their packs until used
- Keep it away from the sight of children’s and pets
- Store it in a cool, dry place, way from direct heat and light