A human adult consists of around 206 bones and each bone is connected to each other by several joints which help in the movement of the body and several other vital functions and any damage to these interfere with our day to day activity. Joint pain increases the risk of multiple health issues and can cause severe unbearable pain if not treated on time.
To name a few major health issues are:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Causes and symptoms of common joint related problems
- Osteoarthritis (OA): this problem happens due to aging, injury, and obesity. Symptoms of OA include joint pain and stiffness. Medication and exercise can be consider but its lots depended on the treatment of affected joint, including the hand, wrist, neck, back, knee, and hip. If you are overweight, weight loss is a good way-out to get rid of from OA symptoms.
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is long-term disease. Symptoms of this disease can come and go at any point of time, and generally it’s found different for individual. Some people have long periods when their disease isn’t active. They have few or no symptoms during this time or others feel it for months at a time. RA symptoms vary from person to person.
- Bursitis is the inflammation or irritation of the bursa. The bursa is a sac filled with lubricating fluid, located between tissues such as bone, muscle, tendons, and skin that decrease rubbing, friction, and irritation.
- Gout is a form of arthritis that causes sudden and severe attacks of pain, redness, warmth, and swelling in joints. It usually affects one joint at a time, although it can be in several joints at once.
Various joint issues are a result of our dietary and lifestyle pattern while some joint pains occur due to ageing. There are still a few things that you can do to prevent the common joint related issues.
- Probably the best supplement for joint health is Omega-3 oil! But be aware when you buy this supplement, because most of them are of very low quality. Options of joint care products are not limited, and you can get a range of them by visiting reliable website.
- Exercise properly but under guidance of any trained professional to prevent any strains or cramp
- Eat healthy food, try to avoid red meat.
Myths and facts:
Myth 1 – All joint pain is arthritis.
Fact: Other conditions like tendonitis, bursitis or other soft-tissue injuries can also cause joint pain. Evaluation by a rheumatologist is the best way to know the right diagnosis and treatment.
Myth 2 – Rain and damp weather worsen arthritis.
Fact: Many people believe that a twinge in the knee or knuckle can predict rain, there’s no scientific evidence that dampness or humidity intensifies arthritis symptoms.
Myth 3 – Don’t get panic if your arthritis acts up.
Fact: Regular, sensible exercise helps to deal with arthritis, an arthritic joints requires short period of rest followed by a gradual return to activity. It’s important to maintain your strength and range of motion in your joints. You should consult with your doctor for beneficial exercises that’s gentler on the joints.
Myth 4 – Rum-soaked raisins, grapefruit, and eggplant or other “nightshade” vegetables are dietary cures for arthritis.
Fact: A change in diet has no effect on arthritis. Arthritis has no cure, but medications and lifestyle changes can effectively manage symptoms and permit normal activity.
Myth 5 – Ice is not much helpful than heat for sore joints.
Fact: Cold and heat both are useful for arthritis. Applying ice at night can give you relief with joint inflammation occurring from routine activities. Applying heat in the morning can relax the muscles that move stiff joints.
Myth 6 – Supplements like glucosamine benefit everyone with arthritis.
Fact: Glucosamine has been shown to benefit only a subset of people with osteoarthritis, possibly by stimulating the regrowth of worn-out cartilage. Experts suggest people to take glucosamine with chondroitin for three months to see if it makes any difference. If so, continue using it; if not than probably consult your dietician for taking another supplement.
Diagnosis of disease
Most of the disease can be diagnosed by the physician and for certain problems blood test can be done like for gout and arthritis.
Steps to improve health:
- Include vegetables in your diet and eating red meat is not advisable: eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, for example dark leafy greens such as spinach and eating calcium rich diet is healthy.
- Maintain a healthy weight: access weight or obese could be major factor that can increase your risk of developing diabetes and other systemic conditions that can several joint related issues.
Important things to know:
There are a lot of preventive measures that you should take to prevent injuries and deficiency problems to bones. Always exercise under trained supervision. You can trust our website for buying various joint care products online, as they are cheaper and reliable products.