Liothyronine Sodium 20 mcg
|Generic For||Liothyronine Sodium|
|Generic Name||Liothyronine Sodium|
Lioynin 20 mcg (Liothyronine Sodium)
Liothyronine Sodium is available in the form of injection and is used for the treatment of severe under activity of thyroid gland when oral thyroid treatment is not possible. It can be used along with other drugs such as steroids. The injection contains the active component Liothyronine Sodium is a naturally occurring form of the thyroxine hormone, which is normally produced by the thyroid gland in the neck.
Lioynin general information
What is Lioynin used for?
Lioynin is used as a thyroid supplementation in hypothyroidism. It is indicated for the treatment of suppression of euthyroid goiters. The drug used as a diagnostic agent for suppression tests to differentiate mild hyperthyroidism from thyroid gland autonomy. It is also useful in treating myxedema coma.
How does Lioynin work?
Lioynin’s active ingredient is Liothyronine Sodium, which works to replace of or supplements to endogenous thyroid hormones. It increases the metabolic rate of tissues:
- Stimulate protein synthesis
- Promote gluconeogenesis
- Encourage cell growth and cell differentiation
- Increase utilization and mobilization of glycogen stores
Where to buy Lioynin online?
Buy Lioynin 20 mcg online from premiumrxdrugs.com, the most reliable online pharmacy store. The medicine is available as tablets to our clients, at an absolute lowest price as compare to other local and online pharmacies.
What does Lioynin contain?
Lioynin comprises of an active component Liothyronine Sodium, which is supplied in the form of an injection in a single vial cartoon.
What are the side effects of Lioynin?
The following side effects are only be seen when excessive doses cause iatrogenic hyperthyroidism:
- Cardiovascular disorders: tachycardia, arrhythmias, angina pectoris
- Dermatological issues: hyperhidrosis
- Gastrointestinal tract problems: diarrhea, abdominal cramps, vomiting
- Central nervous system disorders- a headache, insomnia, irritability
What medications interact with Lioynin?
- Bile acid sequestrants decrease absorption of thyroid formulation that is administered orally.
- It has been shown to increase the need for insulin or oral hypoglycaemic agents in diabetic patients.
- Concurrent use of estrogens may increase thyroid replacement requirements.
- Use of adrenergic along with Lioynin may increase cardiovascular effects.
- Coadministration with warfarin may alter the effectiveness of warfarin.
When should Lioynin not be used?
- Lioynin should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to Liothyronine Sodium or other inactive ingredients of the formulation.
- It is not suitable for patients with recent myocardial infarction and hyperthyroidism.
- Do not use this medicine if you are suffering from cardiovascular disease and severe renal insufficiency.
- It is not for people with uncorrected adrenocortical disorders
- It should not be used patients who have been demonstrated sensitivity to thyroid hormones.
How should Lioynin be taken?
- For mild hyperthyroidism, the recommended dose is 25 mcg once daily. The dose may increase up to 12.5 to 25 mcg per day in a 1 to 2-week intervals. The usual maintenance dose is 25 to 50 mcg daily.
- For the treatment of myxedema, the recommended initial dose is 2.5 to 5 mcg once daily. You physician may increase your dose by 5 to 10 mcg daily up to 25 mcg daily, then by 12.5 to 25 mcg daily. 25 to 50 mcg daily is the recommended maintenance dose.
- For the treatment of goiter- 5 mcg is the initially suggested dose, which can be increased by 5 to 10 mcg daily up to 25 mcg daily. Then can be increased by 12.5 to 25 mcg daily until the desired effect is obtained. The usual maintenance dose is 50 to 1000 mcg daily.
Geriatric patients or patients with cardiovascular disease:
The suggested initial dose is 5 mcg per day. It can be increased by no more than 5 mcg daily.
How long should Lioynin be taken?
The medicine should be injected intravenously for as long as recommended by your physician.
Missed dose of Lioynin
If you forget or miss a dose of Lioynin injection, do not try to make it up by taking an extra dose. Instead, go back to your normal administration schedule as soon as you can and inform your physician about the dose that you have missed.
How should Lioynin be stored?
- Keep all the medicines out of the reach of children
- Store the injection in a cool, dry place away from direct light and heat.