Cause and symptoms of common vitamin related heath diseases:
- Scurvy : Scurvy is a disorder of vitamin deficiency arising from a lack of vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid. Vitamin C is needed for immune function, wound healing and collagen production. Collagen is a necessary component of connective tissue in your bones, cartilage, skin and ligaments.
- Rickets : Rickets is a vitamin deficiency disorder caused by a lack of vitamin D. The job of vitamin D in your body is to promote the growth and development of your bones. It does this by helping your body absorb calcium from either a dietary source or from a dietary supplement. Rickets manifests as skeletal deformities such as bowlegs and scoliosis -a curvature in the spine; retarded growth; soft and weak bones, resulting in bone fractures; decreased muscle tone; and dental cavities.
- Pellagra : Pellagra know as deficiency disorder and this happens due to the lack of vitamin B3, also known as niacin or nicotinic acid. Vitamin B3 helps in your body to convert food to energy and is important for your nerve health. Pellagra is not very common in developed countries.
- BeriBeri: Beriberi problem happens due to vitamin deficiency disorder, it caused by a lack of vitamin B1, also known as thiamine. Vitamin B1 is necessary for converting food to energy, memory, brain and cognitive functions, nerve health, and the formation of blood cells.
Various diseases are a result of our dietary and lifestyle pattern while some problems occur due to ageing. There are still a few things that you can do to prevent vitamin deficiency related issues.
- The one of the vest preventive measure is to have good diet. Foods those are rich in vitamins like citrus foods, Spinach and green vegetables.
- The other way around and simpler way is to get a multi vitamins form our website premiumrxdrugs.com and this can prevent yourself from any further vitamin deficiency.
- Try to expose yourself for a certain time period to sunlight as sunlight is believed to be rich in Vitamin D.
Myths and Facts:
Myth 1: Non-Vegetarian food has vitamins
Fact: It is found that meats have very less amount and mainly red meat has vitamins the white meats have very less amount of vitamin in them and what-so-ever vitamins they have , they are not enough.
Myth 2: Taking a Muti-vitamin is of no use;
Fact: some people feel that if they are having a healthy diet then they don’t need any vitamins but this is completely wrong as all food doesn’t contain all vitamins.
Myth 3: If I eat a healthy diet, I probably do not need any vitamins.
Fact: While it is possible to get everything you need via diet, it is not probable that you will. For example, people who eat sufficient diet of fruits and vegetables get many essential nutrients (i.e., Vitamin A, Vitamin C, etc.), but tend to eat less of certain other nutrients since their diets often tend to lack in red meat (they then may lack Vitamin B12 and iron). Additionally, certain other vitamins are hard to come by in most diets.
Myth 4: I also take the same vitamins as my kids, spouse or friends.
Fact: Do you eat the same diet, have the same health conditions and live the same lifestyle? probably not. At each stage of life we have different deficiencies depending on our health status and what our bodies need. Even where we live is a factor in what we need since the amount of sun exposure we get helps influence our levels of Vitamin D. We are not all the same.
Diagnosis of disease
Most of the disease can be diagnosed by the physician and for certain problems blood test can be done like for gout and arthritis.
Steps to improve health:
- Taking sufficient vitamins to maintain body fitness is important. Consult your doctor and dietician and follow the suggested diet to grab required vitamins.
- Include vegetables and pules in your diet. Milk, cheese, curd, butter should also be a part of your diet.
Important things to know:
You should always follow your routine which will enhance your body’s fitness level and keep you away from various problems and diseases. This will ultimately stimulate your ability to perform better at work place and even in your personal life. In various cases it has been seen consultation and awareness become very helpful and people do feel better.