Nabuflam 500 mg
|Description||Leukeran 2 mg (Chlorambucil)|
Nabuflam 500 mg (Nabumetone)
Nabuflam tablets are specifically formulated for joint disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. It contains the main active ingredient Nabumetone, which falls into the category of drugs called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). The drugs of this category work to reduce the production of prostaglandins (the chemicals that produce pain and inflammation). Its regular administration reduces pain and inflammation in joints as well as muscles.
Nabuflam general information
What is Nabuflam used for?
Nabuflam is a prescription medicine used for symptomatic management of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Your physician may recommend this medicine for other purposes also.
How does Nabuflam work?
Nabuflam comprises of an active component Nabumetone, which functions by inhibiting prostaglandin synthesis. The action of the beneficial ingredient suppresses pain and inflammation caused by arthritis.
Where to buy Nabuflam online?
The medicine is available to order in 500 mg strength on premiumrxdrugs.com. Buy Nabuflam 500 mg online far cheaper than your other local pharmacies. It is supplied in the form of tablets for oral administration in different pack sizes.
What does Nabuflam contain?
Nabuflam delivers 50 mg of the active pharmaceutical ingredient Nabumetone via each tablet.
What are the side effects of Nabuflam?
Tell your physician if any of the following causes trouble or does not go away:
- Stomach upset
- Easy bleeding
- Fast heart rate
- Sleeping problems
- Blurred vision
- Easy bruising
- Unusual tiredness
- Extra systole
- Heart arrest
- Enlargement in abdomen
- Pale skin
- Coagulation disorder
- Coughing up blood or vomit
- Chest pain
- Black, bloody, or tarry stools
What medications interact with Nabuflam?
The following are the drugs that can disturb the absorption of Nabuflam 500 mg:
This may not the complete list of drugs that can interact with Nabuflam. Please tell your physician of all the medicines that you use. This will help your physician in determining the drugs that can affect the working of Nabumetone. After evaluating all this, he/she will provide you the full list.
When should Nabuflam not be taken?
- Do not take Nabuflam tablets if you are suffering active gastrointestinal bleeding.
- It is not suitable for patients with peri-operative pain from coronary artery bypass graft.
- Its use is contraindicated during lactation.
- It should not be administered in patients with known hypersensitivity to NSAIDs or other inactive ingredients of the preparation.
Use cautiously in the following conditions:
- Pediatric patients as the safety and efficacy have not been established
- Severe renal impairment
- Hepatic insufficiency
- History of ulcer disease
- Second half of pregnancy due to the potential of the medicine to cause fetal harm
How should Nabuflam be taken?
The recommended dose for adults is 1000 mg daily. It can be taken as a single dose or divided dose twice daily. The dose may increase up to 2000 mg daily. It is suggested to use the lowest effective dose during chronic therapy.
- Patients suffering from nasal polyps, asthma, or aspirin-induced allergy has bright chances of developing hypersensitivity reactions. Close monitoring is recommended for asthma, urticaria, and rhinitis.
- Assessment of pain should be done periodically during the treatment.
- Certain lab tests such as serum creatinine, liver function, BUN should be performed in patients receiving prolonged therapy.
How long should Nabuflam be taken?
Continue to take Nabuflam 500 mg even if you feel well. Don’t discontinue the treatment without consulting with your physician. Follow all the instruction carefully.
Missed dose of Nabuflam
If you forget to take a dose of Nabuflam, skip the dose, and go to back to your regular dosing schedule in case if it is too late. But, if it is less than one hour of skipping the dose, go and take it. You are not supposed to take an extra tablet to balance the missed one.
How should Nabuflam be stored?
Keep the medicine in a safe place where children and pets cannot reach it. Store it at room temperature away from light and heat. The tablet should be kept in its original package.