Nitrogesic Ointment 30gm 0.2%
|Description||Nitrogesic Ointment 30gm 0.2% (Nitroglycerin)|
|Generic For||Nitrogesic Ointment|
Nitrogesic Ointment - 30gm 0.2% (Nitroglycerin)
The nitrogesic ointment is formulated to help heal anal fissures. Its regular application relaxes the smooth muscles around the rectum and encourages blood flow to help the growth of new skin over the tear in the rectum. The medicine is composed of Nitroglycerin, which helps reduces anal canal pressure, which in turn diminishes spasm and pain.
What is Nitrogen used for?
Nitrogesic is useful in treating moderate to severe pain associated with chronic anal fissure.
How does Nitrogesic work?
Nitrogesic forms nitric oxide, which activates the enzyme guanylate causing increased guanosine 3’, 5’ monophosphate. This results in vasodilation. Also, reduces sphincter tone and resting intracranial pressure. This action decreases pain associated with chronic anal fissure.
Where to buy Nitrogesic online?
Nitrogen is available online in 20 gm tube. You can order this tube from premiumrxdrugs.com at an absolute lowest price.
What does Nitrogesic contain?
Nitrogesic contains the active pharmaceutical ingredient Nitroglycerin, which is considered as an intra-anal formulation of nitroglycerin useful in treating chronic and fissure pain.
What are the side effects of Nitrogen?
- Cardiovascular system disorders- hypertension
- Central nervous system- Dizziness, headache
- Hematological issues- methemoglobinemia
- Miscellaneous issues- allergic reaction
What medications interact with Nitrogesic?
- Coadministration of tadalafil, vardenafil, or sildenafil with Nitrogesic may cause increased risk of hypotension and is contraindicated.
- There is an increased risk of hypotension with concurrent use with beta blockers, aspirin, nitrates, and antihypertensives.
- Use of beta-blocker along with Nitrogesic may cause decreased reflex tachycardia from Nitroglycerin.
- Avoid using Heparin during the treatment with Nitrogesic medicine.
- There is an increased risk of adverse cardiovascular reactions with ergotamine.
When should Nitrogesic not be used?
- The ointment is not suitable for patients with known hypersensitivity to nitrates, nitrites, nitroglycerin, or other inactive ingredients of the formulation
- Its use is not recommended in case of increased intracranial pressure
- The medicine should not be used in patients with severe anemia
Use the topical medicine with caution in the following conditions:
- Heart failure
- Acute myocardial infarction
- Volume depletion
- Poor cardiac function due to other causes
- Geriatric patients as there is increased risk of hypotension and increased sensitivity to nitrates
How should Nitrogesic be used?
The medicine should be applied one-inch intra-anally every twelve hours for up to three weeks. Patients should be assessed for anal fissure and amount of pain periodically during the treatment.
Using a surgical glove, plastic wrap, or finger coat, apply a pea size of medication intra-anally every twelve hours. Insert the covered finger gently into the anal canal and apply it around the side of the anal canal. If you find difficulty applying inside the canal due to pain, you can apply outside of the anus. Close the tube tightly after each use. One can continue the treatment for up to three weeks. The topical preparation should be sued within weight weeks of opening. Wash your hand before and after each application. Note that the medicine is not for ophthalmic, oral, or intravaginal use.
How long should you take Nitrogesic?
Make sure that you continue te treatment for the entire period. It may take up to two years to regain the normal skin strength.
Missed dose of Nitrogesic
If you missed the dose, apply the missed dose when you remember unless it is time to apply the next scheduled dose. If the time to take the next dose is near, apply the next dose at te correct time and leave the missed application.
How should Nitrogesic be stored?
- Keep the tube away from pets and children
- Protect it from direct light and heat
- Place the topical preparation at room temperature
- Avoid keeping it in te freezer