Ovral-G 0.5 0.05 mg
|Description||Ovral G unwanted pregnancy pill|
|Strength||0.5 + 0.05 mg|
|Generic Name||Norgestrel Ethinyl Estradiol|
Norgestrel Ethinyl and Estradiol ( Ovral-G - 0.5 0.05 mg )
Norgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol are the active ingredients present in Ovral-G 0.5 0.05 mg. The medication is used as a contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy. It is available in the form of tablet for oral administration.
What is Ovral G used for?
Ovral G - 0.5 0.05 mg is a combination birth control pill. The pill has got two active ingredients namely Norgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol. It functions by preventing pregnancy.
How does Ovral G work?
The medicine works mainly by preventing the release of a female egg from the ovaries. It also causes change in the uterine and cervical lining and thereby making the cervical mucus more viscous. Because of this it becomes hard for the male sperms to reach the uterus. It also becomes difficult for a fertilized egg to get attach to the uterus wall.
Where to buy Ovral G online?
Ovral G is available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com 15 gm strength. Buy Evalon 15 gm online far cheaper than your local pharmacies.
What does Ovral G contain?
Ovral G contains Norgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol as the main ingredients.
What are the side effects of Ovral G?
Some common side effects of the medication include:
- Breast tenderness
- Swelling in limbs
- Vaginal spotting
- Unexpected weight changes
- Missed or irregular periods
Such side effects need not to be worried about if it subsides after few days. However, in case of more serious side effects as mentioned below you need to consult a doctor.
- Sudden breath shortness
- Pain in left arm, jaw or chest
- Unexpected sweating
- Sudden giddiness
- Bloody cough
- Vision or speech problems etc.
What medications interact with Ovral G?
Some of the drugs which may interact with Ovral G-0.5 0.05 mg and thereby reduce its effectiveness are antibiotic medication, tuberculosis medication, hepatitis C medication, HIV medication or seizure medications. The above list is not a complete list of medication that may interact with the pill. You must inform you doctor if you are taking any medicine currently and also ask for a complete list of medication that might interact with Norgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol.
When should Ovral G not be used?
- The medicine is contraindicated in people who have an allergy to the ingredients.
- If you have recently delivered a baby or are pregnant or planning to be pregnant then you must not take this medicine.
How should Ovral G be used?
- The medicine is to be taken as per the advice of the doctor. Usually the dose that is prescribed is one pill per day. The pill is to be taken either from the first day of your period or on the first Sunday after that. It is advisable to use alternative birth control methods during the initial days of using these pills. The medicine is to be taken by mouth with the help of water.
- It is best to employ alternative birth control method like condoms or spermicide when you start taking the pills at least for next few days to avoid unwanted pregnancy.
- Inform your doctor about your medical history including the medicines you are allergic to and the current medicines that you are taking.
- If you are above the age of 35 and are a smoker you need to inform your doctor about it as taking Norgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol pills may increase the chance of stroke, blood clot and heart attacks.
- It is best to stay away from unsafe sexual practices as the pill will not protect you from STDs.
- Call your doctor in case you experience symptoms like vaginal bleeding, vomiting or nausea after you overdose on Norgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol pills.
How long should you use Ovral G?
Continue taking Ovral G- 0.5 0.05 mg for as long as prescribed by the physician.
Missed dose of Ovral G
If you happen to miss a dose, then you have to take two tablets on the day you remember. After that the rest of pill needs to be taken each day till the rest of the pack.
If you skip two pills in the first two weeks, then you need to take two pills continuously for two days and then stick to the normal dose of one tablet per day till the end of the pack.
However, if two pills are missed in the third week also, then you need to discard the rest of the pills and start a new pill on the same day if you started the medicine on the first day of your period. If it was Sunday that you started your medicines then you need to continue the medicine till Sunday and then start with a new pack and discard the old one.
How should Ovral G be stored?
Store the medicine in a dry and cool place away from light, heat, moisture, pets and children.