Premarin .625 mg
Premarin .625 mg is mainly used to treat vaginal symptoms of menopause such as burning, dryness, painful sexual intercourse, and irritation. Conjugated Estrogen is the active ingredient present in Premarin .625 mg
|Generic Name||Conjugated Estrogens|
Premarin 0.625 mg (Conjugated Estrogens Tablet)
Premarin Tablet is mainly used to treat vaginal symptoms of menopause such as burning, dryness, painful sexual intercourse, and irritation. Conjugated Estrogen is the active ingredient present in Premarin .625 mg. It is manufactured by Wyeth Pharmaceuticals. Wyeth was founded in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1860. It was purchased by Pfizer in 2009. The medicine can be purchased online as well.
What Premarin .625mg is used for?
Estrogen, which has several functions in the body, is a female sex hormone that is produced by the ovaries. Premarin .625 contains a mixture of Estrogen hormones. It is used for treating several vaginal symptoms of menopause.
How does Premarin work?
Premarin .625mg tablet comprises of the main substance Conjugated Estrogen, which functions by adhering to nucear receptors present in estrogen-responsive tissues. These estrogens regulate the pituitary secretion of the gonadotropins, FSH and LH. They works to reduce the raised levels of these gonadotropins in post menopausal women.
Where to buy Premarin .625mg online?
Premarin tablet is available to purchase online from premiumrxdrugs.com in .625 strength. Buy Premarin .625 online at an unbeatable price.
What does Premarin contain?
Premarin .625 mg tablet for oral administration contains a mixture of Conjugated Estrogen. Each Premarin tablet contains .625 milligrams of Conjugated Estrogens.
What are the side effects of Premarin?
Some common side effects of the medication include:
- Weight changes
- Breast tenderness
- Stomach upset
If any of the above conditions worsens than you need to consult a doctor.
After taking the medication some serious side effects as mentioned below can also happen:
- Vaginal odour
- Vaginal discharge or bleeding
- Breast lumps
- Mood changes
- Yellowing eyes
- Abdominal pain
- Dark urine
- Swelling in limbs
- Increase thirst
In case of such serious side effects you need to get medical attention immediately.
What medications interact with Premarin?
There are several drugs, which may interact with the medicine. It is best to take a list from your doctor about the medicines which may interact with the drug. You must also inform your doctor about the current medicines that you are taking in order to avoid drug interaction. Especially, tell your physician about the following medicines:
- St john’s wort
- Warfarin (blood thinner)
- Antifungal medicine like ketokonazole
- Hormonal medicines increases the possibility of heart attacks, strokes, risk of blood clots, especially when you are suffering from high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol , if you smoke or if you are overweight.
Always inform your doctor about your medical history and the current medicines that you are taking to avoid any drug interactions or side effects.
When should Premarin not be used?
- The medicine is contraindicated in people who have an allergy to the ingredients.
- As it is classified as FDA pregnancy category X it has the possibility of harming an unborn baby. Hence, if you are pregnant or planning to be pregnant take advice from doctor before taking the medicine.
- The medicine is also not good for the new born baby. It can pass into breast milk and can even harm the new born. Hence, the medication is not recommended if you are breast feeding.
- Smoking should be avoided while taking the medication as it is known to result in some serious conditions such as heart attack, blood clots etc.
How should Premarin be taken?
The recommended dose for you will depend on the extremity of your condition and will be recommended by your doctor after properly examining you and understanding your discomforts.
You should take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor for the period that has been prescribed by him. The medicine is not advised for a long period. It may be prescribed in a cycle. Usually prescribed for 3 weeks followed by a week off. Though some conditions may required it to be used daily, in some cases using it twice a week during the treatment period is enough. While taking the medicines it is necessary to get check-up and mammograms done regularly. Also to find out the effectiveness of the medicine check up every 3 to 6 months needs to be done.
How long should you take Premarin?
Taking the medicine for a long period can increase the chance of uterine, breasts or ovarian cancer. Hence, consult with your doctor regarding the course of the medicine. You should always take Presmarin for as long as recommended to you.
Missed dose of Premarin
If you forget to take a dose on any particular day, take it as soon as you remember it. However, the missed dose should not be taken close to the next dose.
How should Premarin be stored?
- Always store the medicine in dry and cool place
- Place the medicine at a place where children and pets cannot reach