|Description||Conjugated Estrogens Vaginal Cream|
|Generic For||Premarin Vaginal Cream|
|Generic Name||Conjugated Estrogens|
Conjugated Estrogen is the active ingredient present in Premarin Vaginal Cream. The drug is used by women who suffer from urinary and vaginal menopausal symptoms. It is manufactured by Wyeth Pharmaceuticals.
What is Premarin cream used for?
Conjugated Estrogens cream is used for Estrogen replacement therapy. Estrogen is a female hormone which is produced in less quantity after menopause. Because of menopause, several discomforts such as burning, itching, dryness around the vaginal area takes place making it difficult to urinate and also experience lot of pain during sexual intercourse and experience several other complications too. The medicine is mainly used for atrophic vaginitis treatment and also the treatment of severe to moderate dyspareunia.
How does Premarin Vaginal cream work?
The topical agent comprises of edogenous estrogens which are responsible for the development and maintenance of female reproductive system and sexual characteristics.
Where to buy Premarin vaginal cream online?
The medication for topical use is available to our client in 14 gm strength. Buy Premarin vaginal cream online at a quite affordable price.
What does Premarin vaginal cream contain?
Premarin vaginal cream for topical use contains 14 gm of Conjugated estrogens that are obtained from natural sources.
What are the side effects of Premarin vaginal cream?
Some common side effects of the medication include:
Severe allergic reactions
Burning and irritation sensation
Vaginal bleeding and vaginitis
The above list is not an exhaustive one and you may experience other side effects as well. Consult your doctor if the condition persists for long.
What medications interact with Premarin vaginal cream?
If you are on a dose of Premarin cream there is a long list of drugs that may interact with the medicine. Hence, you must stop taking the below medicines if you are on a dose of the medicine:
St. John's Wort
Anti-diabetic medications etc
When should Premarin vaginal cream not be used?
The medicine is contraindicated in people who have an allergy to Conjugated estrogens or to other ingredients of the formulation.
How should Premarin vaginal cream be used?
- The dose of the medicine depends upon the severity of the condition and will be fixed by the doctor only after examining you thoroughly.
- Usually, cyclic administration of 0.50 to 2 gm intra-vaginally for a period of 21 days is recommended.
- The cream needs to be applied using an applicator that has been provided along with the cream. It needs to be applied both into and outside areas of the vagina as well. Insert the applicator inside the vagina and then press to release the cream into the vagina. Once done the plunger needs to be washed with warm water and mild soaps.
- Alcohol, Caffeine, Nicotine from cigarettes or drugs can be harmful. Hence, it’s best to avoid these.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver disease, endometrial hyperplasia, irregular vaginal bleeding, breast or uterine cancer or any other disease.
- Let him know if you are pregnant or planning to be pregnant before starting with the medicine.
- During the days when the medicine has been prescribed to you try to avoid prolong tanning booths, sun exposure and sunlamps.
- Applying too much of a cream than the prescribed dose may be harmful. Talk to your doctor in case you face any discomforts after applying for the medicine.
How long should you use Premarin vaginal cream?
You should use Premarin cream for as long as recommended by your physician.
Missed dose of Premarin vaginal cream
In order to compensate a missed dose do not administer a double dose. If you miss a dose, it is best to leave it and apply the cream as per the correct schedule from the next dose.