Progynon Depot 10 mg/ 1ml
Estradiol Valerate is the active ingredients present in Progynon Depot - 10 mg/ 1ml. The medication is used for treatment of vaginal dryness, hot flashes, irritation, vaginal burning which happens as part of menopausal symptoms
|Generic For||Progynon Depot|
|Strength||10 mg/ 1ml|
|Generic Name||Estradiol Valerate Inj|
Estradiol Valerate Inj (Progynon Depot - 10 mg/ 1ml)
Estradiol Valerate is the active ingredients present in Progynon Depot - 10 mg/ 1ml. The medication is used for treatment of vaginal dryness, hot flashes, irritation, vaginal burning which happens as part of menopausal symptoms. The medicine is available in the form of injection. It is manufactured by Cadila Healthcare an Indian pharmaceutical company.
What is Progynon Depot used for?
When Estradiol, which is a type of Estrogen is not produced in sufficient quantity in the body, it needs to be compensated by taking medication. Apart from treating women with menopausal symptoms Progynon Depot- 10 mg/1 mlis used for several other purposes that have taken place because of lack of Estrogen in the body.
How does Progynon Depot work?
Progynon Depot- 10 mg/ 1 ml injection is made up of Estradiol, which is a prodrug of estrogen (a natural hormone) adheres to the receptors present in estrogen responsive cells and stimulates them to make proteins that helps in regulating the menstrual cycle.
Where to buy Progynon Depot online?
Progynon Depot is available to purchase online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 10 mg/1 ml strength. Buy Progynon Depot-10 mg/1 ml online at an absolute lowest price.
What does Progynon Depot contain?
Progynon Depot comprise of an active substance Estradiol Valerate. The injection form contains 10 mg/1 ml of Estradiol valerate.
What are the side effects of Progynon Depot?
Some common side effects of Progynon Depot injection include:
- Weight changes
- Breast tenderness
- Stomach upset
Such side effects may subside after sometime. However, if the problems persist then doctor needs to be informed about the condition.
There are some serious side effects which may also happen such as:
- Increase thirst or urination
- Yellowing eyes or skin
- Persistent nausea or vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Vaginal irritation
- Unusual vaginal bleeding
- Breast lumps
- Mood changes
Get emergency medical attention in case you get any of the side effects as mentioned above or any other discomfort after taking the medicine.
What medications interact with Progynon Depot?
Before taking any medicine, it is good to seek advice from the doctor and inform him about your present medication in advance to avoid drug interaction. Do not start a new medicine without proper medical advice and attention.
When should Progynon Depot not be used?
- The medicine is contraindicated in people who have an allergy to the ingredients.
- If you are taking the medicine you should not smoke. Smoking can cause heart attack, blood clots and several other complications.
- If you are pregnant or planning to be pregnant you must not take the medicine and inform your doctor about your condition. It is pregnancy category X drug and not safe to be used during pregnancy.
- The medicine can pass into breast milk and may harm the baby too. Hence, inform your doctor if you are still breast feeding your baby.
How should Progynon Depot be used?
- The dose needs to be determined by the doctor. He will understand the severity of the condition and after consideration of several other factors the dose will be determined.
- Always follow the instruction given by your doctor on method of administration. The medicine course should not be altered and should be taken only for the period that was prescribed by the doctor.
- Along with mammograms and regular physical checkups one should also self examine breasts regularly to find out if any lump formation is there.
- You must visit the doctor every 3 to 6 months to find out if the medicine is functioning properly and giving the desired results.
- Let your doctor know in case you are suffering from diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure or if you are overweight. As hormonal medication can increase risk of heart attack, stroke or may even cause blood clots.
- Taking the medication for long may increase the chance of ovarian, breast or uterine cancer. It is important to discuss with your doctor about the potential risk associated with taking the medicine.
- You must stop taking the medicine if you face abnormal and unusual vaginal bleeding, breast or uterine cancer, liver disease, incident of heart attack, hormone related cancer etc.
- Get medical attention immediately in case of overdose. Overdose symptoms may include vaginal bleeding, nausea or vomiting.
How long should you take Progynon Depot?
Take Progynon 10 mg/ 1 ml exactly as prescribed by your physician. Keep taking the medicine for as long as your doctor prescribes it for you.
Missed dose of Progynon Depot
Missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. However, skip the dose if next dose time is almost near.
How should Progynon Depot be stored?
Store the medicine in a cool and dry place. Ensure that the expire dates have not crossed.