Ramace - 10mg
Ramace 10 mg (Ramipril)
Ramipril is a potent drug used in the treatment of high blood pressure and heart attack. It belongs to the class of ACE inhibitors (angiotensin converting enzyme) and is one of the most popular drugs given in the treatment of heart failure and hypertension.
ACE inhibitors are the drugs that inhibit the action of Angiotensin converting enzyme in the body. Angiotensin II causes constriction of blood vessels and increases the blood pressure. This way, ACE inhibitors relaxes the blood vessels and decreases the elevated blood pressure. Ramipril is available in two dosage forms:
Understating the ailments it is used for:
Ramipril is given in hypertension that decreases the work load of the heart. It also decreases the risk of various heart conditions:
- Mild to moderate hypertension
- Improves the survival in people with myocardial infarction after suffering a heart attack
- Stroke , angina and other serious cardiovascular diseases
Ramipril belongs to the class of ACE inhibitors (angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor). It stops the formation of Angiotensin II which causes constriction of blood vessels and increases the blood pressure. It relaxes the constricted blood vessels and helps heart in pumping the blood more easily. It reduces the post heart attack damage by supplying sufficient oxygen supply. In case of kidney problems, it improves the blood supply in the vessels found in the kidneys and reduces the chance of getting hypertension and diabetes post effects.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Ramipril if you:
- Have allergy to Ramipril
- Have heart diseases
- Have kidney disease
- Have liver disease
- Are taking Telmisartan
- Are suffering from connective tissue disease like rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and scleroderma
- Have diabetes
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Are breast feeding
How much to take?
Always take the dose as prescribed by the physician. It is very important to consume medicine timely. Various factors are observed before prescribing a disease. The doctor is the one who will prescribe best suitable dose for you. The initial recommended dosage starts from 2.5 mg and can be increased up to 25 mg depending upon the patient’s severity of the condition.
Who is the manufacturer?
Ramipres is manufactured by Cipla pharmaceuticals ltd, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our websites in the pack of 30 tablets.
Cardace is manufactured by Aventis Pharma, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available at our websites in the pack of 30 tablets.
Ramace is manufactured by Astra Zeneca, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available at our website in the pack of 30 capsules.
How to take?
You must swallow the whole tablet or capsule with one glass full of water. Do not crush or chew it. Don’t open the capsule shell.
When to take?
Ramipril can be taken once in a day. It can be taken with or without food a day. It is best to take it at the same time daily because it shows best results and helps to remember when to take the drug. Dose adjustments are done basis on the levels of blood pressure. Always take the medicine as instructed by your doctor.
For how long should it be taken?
It is important to take the drug as instructed by your doctor. Abrupt discontinuation of medicine can cause adverse reactions. So before stopping the drug intake, always consult physician first.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
You may need urgent medical attention or you can dial helpline number 1800-FDA-1088 if you encounter the below listed symptoms:
- Extreme dizziness
- Light headedness
What if you miss the dose?
Take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose then skip the dose and take your next dose on the correct time. Do not double up the dose to compensate for the missed one.
What are the side effects?
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious but most of the times they are not. Some common side effects are listed below:
- Hyperkalemia conditions
- Dry mouth
- Spinning sensation
Some serious side effects associated with this combination are as follows:
- Fever, chills and body aches
- Pale or yellowing skin
- Pain in chest
- Hyperkalemia symptoms like muscle weakness and bradycardia
- Rapid weight gain
- Mouth and throat sores
- Feeling like might you pass
- Fever, chills and flu symptoms
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Ramipril. Drugs listed below may interact with Ramipril can hinder its normal functioning:
- Antipsychotic drugs
- Glyceryl Trinitrate
- Losartan and Valsartan
- Injections for rheumatoid arthritis
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Keep the medicine in a close tight container and out of reach of children
- Don’t use the expired drug
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- If you experience any allergic reaction immediately consult with your doctor
- This medicine can pass into breast milk and may cause harm to the fetal damage
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it increases the side effects of Ramipril
- Avoid the intake of salt or potassium substitutes while taking this medicine. Always ask doctor first
- This drug causes bit dizziness so be careful while sitting or lying somewhere
- Excess of sweating, diarrhea and vomiting can cause dehydration. So compensate the fluid loss by drinking lots of fluid
- Older people are more sensitive to the side effects of the drug
- Don’t exceed the recommended dose