Active ingredient of Taxim-O DT is Cefixime. Cefixime as a beta-lactam antibiotic agent acts on specific penicillin-binding protein and stops the bacterial cell wall formation. The drug interferes with the lateral stages of bacterial cell wall and interrupts the cross-linking of the peptidoglycan structure
Taxim-O DT-100 mg (Cefixime)
Taxim-O DT-100 mg is an antibiotic agent useful for the treatment of numerous bacterial infections. It is on the WHO’s list of essential medicines. To decrease the development of drug-resistant bacteria and maintain the effectiveness of Cefixime, and other antibacterial medicines, Cefixime should be used only to treat infections that are strongly suspected to be caused by the bacteria. Cefixime is the main medicinal substance contained in the Taxim-O DT-100 mg tablets.
What is Taxim-O DT-100 mg (Cefixime) used for?
Taxim-O DT-100 mg is a drug that helps in relieving bacteria-induced infections. It is employed in the following conditions.
- Ear infections
- Bone infections
- Skin infections
- Respiratory tract infections
- Throat infections
- Urinary tract infections
How does Taxim-O DT-100 mg (Cefixime) work?
Active ingredient of Taxim-O DT is Cefixime. Cefixime as a beta-lactam antibiotic agent acts on specific penicillin-binding protein and stops the bacterial cell wall formation. The drug interferes with the lateral stages of bacterial cell wall and interrupts the cross-linking of the peptidoglycan structure. Cefixime has an active role in the activation of bacterial cell autolysis process contributing bacterial cell lysis.
What are the different doses of Taxim-O DT (Cefixime)?
Taxim-O DT is available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 200 mg strength. You can buy Taxim-O DT-100 mg online at unbeatable price.
How should Taxim-O DT (Cefixime) be taken?
- Taxim-O DT is present as tablets, oral suspension, capsules, and dispersible tablets. The drug is present in the tablet form on our website.
- 8 to 400 mg is the preferred dose of Cefixime, and it is to be consumed as a single daily dose. Swallow Cefixime tablet with water. It does not matter, if you take Cefixime before, or after food.
- The dose regimen varies from patient to patient; it depends on the age, weight, and condition of the patients.
- Take Taxim-O DT tablets strictly according to your doctor’s instruction. Do not modify the dosing schedule unless your physician advises you to do so.
- To help you remember, take the tablets at the same time, each day.
- In some cases, the condition may become worse when the intake of the medicine is stopped suddenly. Your dose may need to be decreased slowly.
- Cefixime helps control your problem only if taken on a regular basis. Therefore, you must take Cefixime daily. Take the medicine regularly to get the best results.
- Overdose: Seek medical attention immediately, in the case of an overdose of Cefixime.
- Take the tablets for as long as your physician recommends.
Missed dose of Taxim-O DT 100 mg (Cefixime)
If you have forgotten a dose, take it as soon you remember and go back to your usual dosing schedule. If the time to take the next dose is near, leave the forgotten dose and take the next dose. Do not double the dose o Cefixime to compensate the forgotten one.
What are the side effects of Taxim-O DT (Cefixime)?
Like other medicines, Taxim-O DT may cause adverse effects. Seek medical attention, in case the given troubles arise:
- Pain and discomfort in the abdomen
- Watery diarrhea
- Mild itching
Some serious adverse reactions of Cefixime are as follows.
- Burning sensation in the eyes
- Swelling of the gums
- Itching in the vagina
- Discharge from the vagina
If any of the above conditions persist or deteriorate, Contact your physician immediately.
What medications interact with Taxim-O DT (Cefixime)?
Avoid consuming Taxim-O DT, if you are taking the medicines that are given below:
- Live bacterial vaccines
Avoid taking Taxim-O DT in the following conditions:
- If you are hypersensitive to the drug, or its components
Keep the following points in the brain, while/before taking the medicine.
- The dose of Cefixime should be adjusted in patients with kidney impairment as well as those undergoing hemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis. Patients on dialysis should be regularly monitored
- Cefixime should be prescribed with caution in patients with a medical history of gastrointestinal disease, particularly colitis
Talk to your doctor before taking Taxim-O DT if:
- You are suffering from diabetes mellitus
- You have phenylketonuria
- You have colitis
- You have kidney disease
- You are breastfeeding a child
- You are pregnant, or planning a pregnancy
- Do not forget to see the expiry date of the product.
- Store the tablets in a dry place and out of the direct light.
- It should be stored at a room temperature.
- Place the medicine away from infants.
- Avoid taking magnesium and aluminium antacids along with Cefixime as it may reduce its efficacy.
- Elderly people may be sensitive to this medicine as kidney function decreases with age, and this medicine is excreted by kidneys only.