Stavir 40 mg (Stavudine)
Stavir 40 mg contains Stavudine as an active medicinal substance. Stavudine is a synthetic nucleoside, analog of deoxythymidine with potent antiretroviral activity. It is used along with other antiretroviral agents to treat human immunodeficiency syndrome or HIV-1 infection. Stavudine is an FDA-approved drug prescribed for the treatment of HIV-1 in infants, children, and adults.
What is Stavir 40 mg used for?
Stavir 40 mg is used to treat Human immunodeficiency syndrome or HIV-1 infection. HIV is a lentivirus (a subgroup of retrovirus) that causes Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS). AIDS is a disease in which progressive failure of the immune system leads to opportunistic infections and cancers to prosper.
Buy Stavir 40 mg online to treat HIV infection.
How does Stavir work?
Stavir works by blocking reverse transcriptase enzyme, preventing HIV-1 infection from multiplying in the body and can reduce the amount of HIV in the body of an infected person.
What are the different doses of Stavir?
Stavir is available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 40 mg strength. You can buy Stavir 40 mg online at unbeatable price.
How should Stavir be taken?
- Stavir comes in the form of a capsule. Swallow the capsule with a glass of water. It may be taken with or without a meal.
- The dosage of the drug is based on the body weight of a patient.
- To treat adults who weigh less than 60 kg: The recommended dose is 30 mg every 12 hours.
- To treat adult patients who weigh at least 60 kg: The recommended dose is 40 mg every 12 hours.
- To treat pediatric patients:
Infants from birth to 13 days old- The recommended dose are 0.5 mg/kg every 12 hours.
An infant who is at least 14 days old and whose weight is less than 30 kg- The recommended dose is 1 mg/kg every 12 hours.
- A paediatric patient whose weight is at least 30 kg: The recommended dosage is adult dosage.
- Take the capsule exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Do not alter the dosage plan.
- Overdose: Seek medical attention immediately, in the case of an overdose of Stavudine.
Missed dose of Stavir:
If you have forgotten a dose, take it as soon you remember and go back to your usual dosing schedule. If the time to take the next dose is near, leave the forgotten dose and take the next dose. Do not double up the dose to compensate the missed one.
- Take the capsule for as long as your doctor recommended.
What are Side effects of Stavir?
Like other medicines, Stavir may cause adverse effects. Seek medical attention, in case the following troubles arise:
Some adverse effects of Stavir can be serious. Visit the doctor immediately, in the following situations.
- Difficulty moving your hands and feet
- Burning, tingling, numbness in the hands or feet
- Pain in the hands and feet
What medications interact with Stavir?
The following medicines should be avoided, in case doctor recommends you Stavir to avoid possible drug interactions.
- Zidovudine or (AZT)
When should Stavir not be used?
Tell the doctor before consuming Stavir:
- If you are hypersensitive to the medicine, or its components.
- If you are taking alcohol products.
- If you have gallstones.
- If you have ever had problems with your pancreas and kidney diseases.
- If you have or ever had neuropathy.
- The drug may cause dizziness. Do not drive or use machinery, while taking Stavudine as these activities may require a high degree of mental attention.
- If you are pregnant or intending to become pregnant. You should discuss the benefits and risks of taking Stavudine during pregnancy. Breastfeeding women are advised not to take Stavudine as it may pass into breast milk and harm the nursing baby.
Remember the following things, to avoid transmission of HIV infection on to others:
- Avoid sharing needles and other injection equipment with other people.
- Avoid sharing personal things that can have blood fluid on them, like toothbrushes and razors.
- Avoid practicing sex without protection. Do practice safe sex by using polyurethane or latex to decrease the chance of sexual contact with vaginal secretions, semen, and blood.
How should Stavir be stored?
- Do not forget to see the expiry date of the product.
- Keep the drug reach out of children.
- Store the medicine at a room temperature, away from heat and moisture.
- It should not be given to anybody, even if they have the same problems.
- Always keep the written record of your medications.
- Avoid freezing the capsules.