Supatret .1% Gel - 20 gm
|Description||Tretinoin Gel Microsphere|
|Generic For||Retin A Micro|
|Generic Name||Tretinoin Gel Microsphere|
Supatret-0.1% (20g) (Tretinoin Microsphere Gel)
Supatret contains the active ingredient Tretinoin, a carboxylic acid form of vitamin A, is a first generation topical retinoid. It is commonly used to treat acne and keratosis pilarisis (a harmless skin condition that causes rough, dry patches and tiny bumps, usually on the cheeks, upper arms, buttocks, and thighs). Tretinoin is on the WHO list of essential medicines, a list of the most important medicines required in a basic health system.
What is Supatret- 0.1% (20g) used for?
Supatret is indicated for topical use in the treatment of acne vulgaris, in which blackheads, papules, and pustules predominate. It is not recommended as monotherapy in case of acne conglobata (a highly inflammatory disease with blackheads, nodules, pustules, and draining sinus tracts).
How does Supatret- 0.1% (20g) work?
Supatret contains the active ingredient Tretinoin. The drug being a metabolite of retinol, is both structurally and pharmacologically related to vitamin A, which regulates the cell growth and regenerates the outer layer of the skin. It makes the surface layer of the skin thinner and pores less likely to become blocked, reducing the occurrence of blackheads, whiteheads, and pimples.
What are the different doses of Supatret- 0.1%?
Supatret is available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 20g strength. Buy Supatret-0.1% (20g) online at an affordable price.
What does Supatret-0.1% (20g) contain?
Supatret contains the active pharmaceutical ingredient Tretinoin, which is the acid form of vitamin A. Each 20g tube contains 0.1% of Tretinoin.
What are the side effects of Supatret- 0.1% (20g)?
- Supatret is well tolerated after nightly application. Side effects have been limited to mild irritation, peeling, and erythema, especially in the early stage of treatment. Some patients may experience a temporary sensation of warmth or slightly stinging after the application of the medicine.
- If immoderate reactions occur, the frequency of application may be reduced, or treatment discontinued temporarily till the reactions become less intense. The frequency or dose may then be adjusted to a level, which the patient can tolerate.
- Transitory hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation has been reported with the repeated topical use of the drug.
- Some individuals have also been reported to have heightened susceptibility to sunlight during the treatment with Supatret.
What medications interact with Supatret- 0.1% (20g)?
Concomitant topical medication, abrasive soaps and cleansers, cosmetics that have a strong drying effect and products with high concentration of astringents, alcohol, spices or lime should be used with caution because of the possible drug interaction with Supatret. Particular caution should be taken while using preparations containing keratolytic agents such as benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, or sulfur with Tretinoin.
When should Supatret- 0.1% (20g) not be used?
- Supatret should not be used in patients with hypersensitivity to Tretinoin or to any of the ingredients in this formulation.
- Do not use the gel on sunburned, wind burned, irritated, dry, peeled, or scaly skin as well as on wounds. Apply it only after the area is completely healed of the condition.
- While using Supatret, your skin may become sensitive to sunlight and UV radiations. Therefore, you must avoid unnecessary exposure to sunlight and artificial UV rays (tanning beds or sunlamps). If you do venture out in the sun, use a good sunscreen and wear protective clothing.
How should Supatret- 0.1% (20g) be used?
- Supatret should be applied once daily, before retiring, to the skin areas where lesions appear. Clean the area before you apply the gel and pat dry with a soft cotton cloth. Use enough quantity to cover the entire affected area lightly. Don’t forget to wash your hands properly after the application.
- Don't let this topical medication come in contact with the delicate parts of your face like eyes, nose, or lips. Wash them thoroughly with water if they are exposed to the medication accidently.
- After using the medicine, a temporary feeling of warmth or slight stinging may occur. In this case, it is necessary to reduce the frequency of the application or to discontinue the treatment. The frequency of application may be increased, or treatment may be resumed when the patient becomes able to tolerate the treatment. If you have any doubt, please ask your physician.
- The frequency and concentration of the drug should be closely monitored by careful observation of the therapeutic response and skin tolerance. During the initial days of the treatment, an apparent exacerbation of inflammatory lesions may occur. It may cause due to the action of the drug or previously seen lesions, which should not be considered a reason to discontinue the treatment.
- Therapeutic results should be seen after two to three weeks, but more than six weeks of the treatment may be required before definite beneficial effects are noticed.
- Once an adequate result has achieved, it may be possible to maintain the improvement with less frequent applications of the drug.
- Patients treated with Supatret acne treatment may use cosmetics, but the affected area to be treated should be cleansed thoroughly before the medicine is applied.
- If the gel is applied excessively, no rapid or better results will be obtained and marked redness, peeling of the skin, and discomfort may occur. Please consult your physician in case of an accidental overdose.
How long should you use Supatret-0.1% (20g)?
Use Supatret as long as it is recommended to you. Do not stop in between during the course of the treatment as it may take four to six weeks to see the effects of this medication. If the acne still does not improve after this time, call your physician.
Missed dose of Supatret- 0.1% (20g)
Always remember to use the medicine on time. If you miss a dose, then use it as soon as you remember.
How should Supatret- 0.1% (20g) be stored?
Gels are flammable, keep the medicine away from heat and flame. Keep the tube tightly closed. Store it at room temperature. Ensure that your children and pets don't have access to the medication.