Erytop 1% Gel - 20gm
|Generic For||Cleocin T|
|Generic Name||Clindamycin Phosphate Gel|
Erytop 1%-20g (Clindamycin Phosphate Gel)
Erytop general information
Erytop 1% gel contains the active ingredient Clindamycin, an antibiotic agent useful for the treatment of the number of bacterial infections. It is used to treat acne vulgaris, which typically leads to suppression of cutaneous Propionibacterium acnes (a gram-positive human skin commensal that is involved in the pathogenesis of acne. Clindamycin was first made in 1967 and is on the WHO list of essential medicines, the most important medicines required in a basic health system. Erytop 1% gel may also be used for health conditions not mentioned in this medication guide.
What is Erytop 1% (20g) used for?
Erytop 1% gel is indicated for the topical application in the treatment of acne vulgaris in patients 12 years and older. Acne vulgaris is characterized by areas of pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, and greasy skin, and may result in scarring. It occurs when the skin pores become clogged with dead skin cells and oil from the skin.
How does Erytop 1%-20g work?
Erytop 1% gel comprises of an active ingredient Clindamycin, a semisynthetic derivative of lincomycin reveals potent activity against gram-negative and gram-positive bacterial infections. The drug inhibits bacterial protein synthesis, thereby stopping bacterial growth.
What are the different doses of Erytop 1%?
Erytop Gel is available to buy online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 20g strength. Buy Erytop 1%-20g online at lowest discount price.
What does Erytop 1%-20g contain?
Erytop 1% gel contains the active ingredient Clindamycin, which belongs to a group of medications called lincosamide antibiotics. Each 20g tube contains 1% of Clindamycin.
What are the side effects of Erytop 1%-20g?
Some of the common side effects of Erytop may include:
- Skin peeling
- Oily skin
If any of these health issues persist for a longer time, stop applying the medicine and seek immediate medical help. Other side effects not mentioned above may occur in some patients. Inform your physician if you observe anything that is making you feel unwell.
What medications interact with Erytop 1%-20g?
- Concurrent use of topical medications containing alcohol should be avoided because they potentiate drying action on the skin. The solvent contained in some medicated soaps, abrasive cleansers, or cosmetics are alcoholic. They may cause a cumulative irritant effect in individuals undergoing Erytop gel treatment.
- Topical acne medications containing agents, such as benzoyl peroxide, tretinoin, salicylic acid, or resorcinol may sensitize the skin to various unwanted reactions. Concurrent use of Erytop 1% gel and these abrasive agents should be treated with caution in combination therapy. Concomitant use of a comedogenic cosmetic or other comedogenic product should be avoided.
Keep a list of all your topical agents and give to your physician. Also, do not start new prescription, herbals products, over-the-counter medicines, and dietary supplements without telling your physician.
When should Erytop 1%-20g not be used?
Erytop 1% is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to preparations containing lincomycin, Clindamycin or other ingredients present in this formulation.
How should Erytop 1%-20g be used?
- Erytop 1% gel is for external use only and is applied directly to the skin. Before applying the gel, wash the entire face with a mild soap and warm water. Apply a thin layer directly to each acne lesions or to affected areas. Rub it well into the skin. Don’t forget to wash your hands properly after the application.
- The gel is usually applied to the affected areas twice daily. The frequency will depend upon the severity of the condition as well as skin tolerance, but should not be more than twice a day. Treatment of acne should be individualized according to the type of lesions predominate and the response to treatment.
- Don't let this topical medication come in contact with the delicate parts of your face like eyes, nose, or lips. Wash them thoroughly with water if they are exposed to the medication accidently.
- Patients treated with Erytop 1% gel acne treatment may use cosmetics, but the affected area to be treated should be cleansed thoroughly before the medicine is applied.
- Consult your physician immediately the moment you realize that high quantity of Erytop gel has been used.
How long should you use Erytop 1%-20g?
A decrease in the number of inflammatory lesions should be noticed after two to six weeks, but more than eight weeks of treatment may be required before any definite beneficial effects are seen. If your condition still does not improve after this time, call your physician.
Missed dose of Erytop 1%-20g?
Always remember to use Erytop 1% on time. If you miss a dose, then use it as soon as you remember.
How should Erytop 1%-20g be stored?
- The contents of Erytop 1% are flammable, keep the medicine away from heat and flame
- Store the gel at room temperature. Do not freeze it
- Keep it out of the reach of children and away from pets