Erectile Dysfunction can be defined as the inability to get or keep an erection firm enough to have sexual intercourse. It is also sometimes referred to as impotence. Erectile dysfunction is not uncommon; many men suffer from it during times of stress. However, frequent erectile dysfunction can indicate health problems that need treatment. It can also be a sign of relationship difficulties that may need to be addressed by a professional. It is one of the biggest threats to men’s health that can happen at any age. While the risk for impotence can increase with age, age doesn’t cause impotence. Certain medications, medical conditions, trauma and outside influences can contribute to the condition.
Symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction (ED)-
The key symptom of erectile dysfunction is the inability to achieve an erection; it is temporary in most cases. However, erectile dysfunction can have a negative effect on sex life. It happens when a man is unable to sustain an erection long enough to continue the sexual intercourse. The psychological symptoms may occur when a man feels that he is not satisfying his partner. These symptoms include depression and low self-esteem. These can cause erectile dysfunction to become worse.In few cases, an underlying medical condition such as high blood pressure and diabetes may cause impotence.
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction (ED)-
Mostly all men will experience impotence at some point in their life. It can result from a psychological cause or physical cause, and sometimes, both issues can cause impotence. Some of the most common issues include:
- Over-consumption of alcohol
- Relationship problems
Although erectile dysfunction can affect younger men, it is more prevalent in middle-aged and older adult men. Researchers believe that stress plays a vital role in age-related impotence cases.
One of the most common age-related causes of erectile dysfunction is atherosclerosis. It is caused by a buildup of plaque in the arteries system. The buildup makes it difficult for the artery to flow blood to the rest of the body. The lack of blood flow to the penis can cause erectile dysfunction. This is why impotence is the main sign of atherosclerosis in men.
Other physical causes of erectile dysfunction in older adult men include:
- Blood vessel damage
- Nerve damage
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Thyroid problems
- Kidney issues
- Sleep disorders
- Low Testosterone
- Pelvic or Spinal Cord trauma or surgery
- Tobacco use
- Certain Prescription Medications including Antidepressants and Diuretics
Erectile dysfunction (ED) or Impotence is the condition of not being able to keep an erection that is firm enough for sexual intercourse. It is often caused by an underlying health problem. For some men, drugs treatment may solve their ED.
If you are looking for options to treat your impotency, read on to know about how to take these drugs and their side effects; these can help you discuss drug treatment options with your doctor.
There are many types of drugs that help to treat erectile dysfunction. Each drug works differently, but they all help to improve sexual activity by stimulating blood flow to the penis. If you have certain health problems, it may not be safe for you to take these drugs. For example, if you have any heart disease, you may not be healthy enough for sex. Make sure while visiting your doctor, you tell him about all health issues you have and the medications you are taking because it can help your doctor to decide which drug is best for you.
- Alprostadil -Avanafil (Stendra) is an oral drug that is used to treat ED or Impotency. You should take this pill about 15 minutes before having sex. Don’t take more than one dose per day.
You should not take nitrates while taking this drug, for example, isosorbide and nitroglycerin are to be avoided. Taking these nitrates with avanafil can cause severe low blood pressure and even death.
Some of the more common side effects of Alprostadilinclude:
- Low Blood Pressure
- Flushing (Reddening and warming of your face)
- Hearing changes such as Tinnitus (Ringing in your ears) and hearing sounds differently
- Sildenafil- Sildenafil citrate is a therapeutic agent that is utilized mainly to treat erectile dysfunction in men. It is the first recognized medicinal agent that came into existence to treat male potency. The medicine was developed specially to treat pulmonary hypertension, but late clinical experts discovered that it helped men achieve a stronger erection that stays to satisfy the partner. The drug has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as an effective treatment for erectile dysfunction. It is especially recommended for men who are not able to achieve a hard erection during sexual intercourse
The common side effects of this drug are:
- Upset stomach
- Vision changes
- Upset stomach
- Vision changes
3. Tadalafil- Tadalafil is a treatment for those adult men who are suffering from erectile dysfunction. During the condition, a man cannot get, or keep penile erection suitable for sexual activity. This medicine has been shown to significantly improve the ability to achieve and maintain a hard, erect penis to satisfy his partner. It belongs to a class of drugs known as phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor, which helps the blood vessels in your penile region to relax and improve the blood flow into your penis. In order to see the effectiveness of Tadalafil, it is important that you and your partner get to engage in foreplay.
4. Vardenafil- Vardenafil is one of the trusted and best known erectile dysfunction treatment sold worldwide. The medicine works in a way that it helps men regain the ability to attain and maintain a long-lasting erection enough to satisfy their partners. Just one pill triggers a rush of blood into the penile region for a hard and satisfying erection. Sexual stimulation is required for it to produce and maintain penile erection. The erectile dysfunction medication takes time to work, and one needs to take around twenty-five minutes to an hour before you want to involve in a sexual activity.
The common side effects of this drug include:
Vitamins and supplements for ED
There are many vitamins and supplements available in the market that claim to help erectile dysfunction. Some promise to better sexual function as well as increase energy and vitality. However, these supplements usually do not work and they may be unsafe too. Some supplements that are marketed in the name of “natural” may even contain drugs. These ED supplements can interact with other medications you are taking and may also cause side effects. So, it is best to talk to your doctor before using any vitamins or supplements for ED issues. If you do need Erectile Dysfunction medications or drugs, there are many alternatives available. These medications or drugs come in different forms, work in their unique ways and also cause their own side effects. Together, you and your doctor both can find the best ED medication sildenafil vs tadalafil for you.