A migraine is a common condition that affects about one in four women and one in 12 men at some point in their lives. The condition first starts during childhood or as a young adult. It has been reported that various people with a migraine suffer frequent attacks, whereas some people suffer attacks only now and then. Moreover, some people with a migraine stop getting it in later adult life, but in some cases the attack persists throughout their lives.
Causes of migraine:
There are various factors that trigger a migraine. These are as mentioned below:
• anxiety and stress
• lack of sleep
• lack of food
• exposure to light or sound
• hormonal changes/birth control pills
• some types of allergies
• exposure to smoke or smoking
• some foods like chocolate, peanut butter, avocado, nuts, banana, citrus, and dairy products
• changing weather conditions like humidity, barometric pressure, and temperature
• intense physical activity
Signs and symptoms:
Migraine symptoms progress through certain stages and these include the following:
Prodrome: a day or two before a migraine attack. The sufferer may notice subtle changes that signify an oncoming migraine, like:
• neck stiffness
• food cravings
• uncontrollable yawning
Aura: aura stage happens before or during migraine headaches. Here in this stage, people may face visual disturbances like flashes of light. In some people, auras can also be touching sensations that are sensory, movement or speech disturbances. Furthermore, most people experience migraine headaches without aura. Some of the symptoms of aura include the following:
People may experience the following symptoms during attack:
• pain on one or both sides of the head
• pain of pulsating and throbbing quality
• nausea and vomiting
• sensitivity to light, sound and sometimes smells
• blurred vision
• light-headedness, sometimes followed by fainting
It is regarded as the final stage of a migraine. Postdrome occurs after a migraine attack and during this time the attacked person may feel drained and washed out. Reports have claimed that some people feel mildly euphoric in this stage.
Adverse effects of the problem:
Migraine attacks can be very troublesome, but the condition can become more complicated when the following problems also subsequently arises with a migraine. The conditions are:
- Unceasing migraine pain
- Persistent aura without infarction
- Migrainous infarction
- Abdominal issues
there is no need to worry about the complications as if taken the correct anti migraine drugs on time you can get relief from the throbbing headache.
Preventive treatments to avoid a migraine are:
• avoiding triggers
• do not take caffeinated drinks
• maintain regular sleep pattern
• keep a headache diary
• nutritional supplements
• lifestyle alterations
Common antimigraine medicines:
Various common antimigraine medicines are:
- Imigran subject
- Suminat nasal spray
All these drugs are available online, and you can easily buy these anti migraine drugs online through various online pharmacies and earn great benefits.
Myths and facts:
Myth: migraine is a dreadful headache only
Fact: no, migraine is not just a headache gone bad, in fact, it is a neurological disease of which a headache is just a symptom.
Myth: migraine is a psychological disorder
Fact: No, infact migraine is a neurological disorder that requires proper treatment.
Diagnosis of migraine:
There are various things that a doctor keeps in mind before keeping it clear that the person has a migraine, such as:
• Family history
• Medical background of the patient
• Computerized tomography (CT) scan
• MRI (magnetic resonance imaging)
• Diagnosis of brain damage
• Bleeding in the brain
Treatment for migraine:
A fact is that migraines can't be cured, but your doctor is the person who will work with you to help you manage the condition. Your doctor will treat you only after analyzing or diagnosing your symptoms. After diagnosing you by performing blood tests, ct scan, or mri, he/she will prescribe you best migraine medicines that have been specifically manufactured to treat migraines. Also, your doctor may also prescribe some drugs that are commonly used to treat other conditions, which may also help relieve or prevent migraines. Below are some of the best migraine medicines that are used to combat the condition. These are:
Pain-relieving medications: to get the most effective results, doctors prescribe pain-relieving drugs that may help people in combating signs or symptoms. The below-mentioned migraine medicines may help people to rest or sleep in a dark room after taking them. These include:
• Pain relievers- to get relief from mild migraines doctor prescribe medicines for migraines including aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (nsaids) like ibuprofen.
• Triptans- various people prefer taking triptans to treat their migraines. Triptans effectively work by relieving the pain and other symptoms associated with migraines. Triptans are regarded as best medicines for migraines, which include sumatriptan and rizatriptan. People can avail these migraine medicines in nasal sprays and injections form. They can also avail these medicines in tablets form too. Moreover, it has been reported that a single-tablet combination of sumatriptan and naproxen proved to be more effective in relieving migraine symptoms. Antimigraine drugs are very important to keep migraine headaches under control; you can buy the antimigraine drugs online through various online pharmacies.
Steps to improve the health:
Below are various self-care measures that can help people in easing out their pain of a migraine headache.
These include the following:
• try to relax your muscles through exercises, meditation or yoga.
• try to get an adequate amount of sleep each night, but don’t oversleep
• always try to rest and relax in dark, quiet room when you feel a headache is coming on.
Important thing to know:
It is very necessary to relieve a migraine headache and for that you need to have right medications to avoid the triggers that cause the migraine. Migraine headaches are easily manageable if you keep an account of the things that cause a migraine attack.