Estradiol and Norethindrone Acetat are the active ingredients present in Activelle (1�.5) mg. The medicine is used for treating menopausal conditions such as itching, dryness, hot flashes, or burning around vaginal area.
|Generic Name||Estradiol - Norethindrone Acetat|
|Manufacturer||Novo - Nordisk, Denmark|
Activelle - (1�.5) MG (Estradiol AND Norethindrone Acetat)
Estradiol and Norethindrone Acetat are the active ingredients present in Activelle (1�.5) mg. The medicine is used for treating menopausal conditions such as itching, dryness, hot flashes, or burning around vaginal area. The combination hormonal medicine can also be used to prevent weakened bones in women after menopause. It can also be called as a hormonal replacement therapy, which is extremely effective in treating certain moderate to severe symptoms of menopause by replacing naural hormones estrogen and progestin.
Activelle important information
What Activelle is used for?
Estradiol and Norethindrone Acetat contains a combination of two hormones, Progestin (Norethindrone acetate) and Estrogen (Estradiol). When the medicine is taken, it restores the levels of the two hormones, which may become a deficit, especially during menopause. The drug may also be used to treat conditions apart from the one that is mentioned above.
How does Activelle work?
Activelle is composed of two main components namely Estradiol and Northundrone acetat. The combination works together by replacing female hormones (estrogen and progestin) in women who can no longer produce enough of these natural hormones.
Where to buy Activelle online?
Activelle is available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in (1�.5 mg strength. You can buy Activelle 1 �.5 mg online at an absolute lowest price.
What does Activelle contain?
Activelle for oral administration contains 0.5 mg of Estradiol and 1 mg of Norethindrone.
Effects of Grapejuice on Acticelle
Grapefruit and its juice must not be taken when the doctor prescribe this medicine as it increases the chance of several side effects.
What are the side effects of Activelle?
Some common side effects of the medication include:
- Pain in the breasts
- Light hair loss;
- Vaginal spotting
- Pain in stomach
- Sudden weight changes
Though these are common side effects and not to be worried about, doctors should be called if the problems persist for long. There are several serious side effects of the drug as well:
- Chest heaviness
- Breathing difficulty
- Swelling in mouth, lips, tongue or face
- Numbness or swelling in limbs
- Severe headache
- Irregular heartbeat
- Breast lumps pain
- Heavy vaginal bleeding
- Nipple discharge
- Memory loss.
The above list is non exhaustive and there may be other side effects too. Always consult your doctor in case you face any of the above side effects and get yourself treated immediately.
What medications interact with Activelle?
Some medicines interact with the drug and reduce the effects of Estradiol and Norethindrone acetate. It is best to inform your doctor about your entire medical history and also your current medicines. Acticvelle (1�.5) mg may interact with:
- Modafinil bosentan
The list is not a complete list and there can be other drugs too which may interact with this drug. Always consult your doctor before starting a new medicine.
When should Activelle not be used?
- The medicine is contraindicated in people who have an allergy to the ingredients.
- The drug must not be given to children, pregnant women or nursing ladies. The drug may pass into breast milk and harm the baby.
- Avoid smoking while taking this drug as it may increase the chance of heart attack, stroke or blood clots.
How should Activelle be taken?
The recommended dose will be fixed by your physician after a through examination is done by him or her. While taking the medicine, doctor's instructions need to be followed strictly. The medicine course should not be altered. The drug needs to be taken by mouth with or without food. It is to be taken with the help of water. Regular schedule should be followed to get the maximum benefit and it should preferable be taken at the same time everyday so that the dose is not missed.
How long should you use Activelle?
You should take Activelle (1 �.5 mg) for as long as recommended by the physician.
Missed dose of Activelle
- The medicine should not be stopped even after you feel your condition has improved. The course should be completed. If you forget to take a dose at some point, take it immediately when you remembered. However, do not double dose on this drug as overdose may take place and you might end up having some serious side effects.
- Exercise routine and diet should be followed in detail as per instruction given by doctor.
- If you are scheduled to be operated for some reason, the drug must be stopped at least four to six weeks before the schedule operation.
- Diabetic patients must monitor their blood sugar level closely as the drug may affect the blood sugar level.
- You may witness severe nausea or vomiting or unusual vaginal bleeding in case of overdose of the drug. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience such conditions.
How Activelle be stored?
The medicine is to be stored in a clean, cool and dry place. It should be kept away from children too.