Levoflox 500 mg tablets contain Levofloxacin. It is a quinolone antibiotic, known for treating a wide variety of bacterial infections in many different parts of the body.
Levoflox 500 mg (Levofloxacin)
Levoflox 500 mg tablets contain Levofloxacin. It is a quinolone antibiotic, known for treating a wide variety of bacterial infections in many different parts of the body. However, this medicine will not work for colds, flu, or other virus infections.
Levoflox general information
What is Levoflox used for?
Levoflox 500 mg is an antibiotic, belongs to a quinolone family of medicines used in the treatment of a bacterial infection. This drug is known for the treatment of sinusitis, chest infections, urine infections, anthrax or plague, and some skin infections.
How does Levoflox work?
Levoflox 500 mg is an antibiotic and its antibacterial activity resides primarily in the L-isomer. Levofloxacin and other fluoroquinolone antimicrobials works by inhibiting the bacteria IV and DNA gyrase enzyme, which is an essential requirement for DNA replication, transcription, repair, and recombination. Thus, it kills the bacteria which, are responsible for the infection. This way, it stops the growth of bacteria and cure infections.
What are the different doses of Levoflox?
Levoflox tablets are available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 250 mg, 500 mg, and 700 mg strengths. Buy Levoflox 500 mg online at a much lower price.
What does Levofl0x contain?
Levoflox 500 mg contains Levofloxacin as an active pharmaceutical ingredient, which is a quinolone antibiotic used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections.
Effects of alcohol on Levoflox
Levoflox 500mg tablets may cause dizziness and if it is taken with alcohol, the condition may get worse. Therefore, it is safe to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment with Levoflox
What are the side effects of Levoflox?
Levoflox 500 mg may cause serious side effects including:
- Heart disease. Patients who have a history of heart disease and who take Levoflox may cause a slight increase in heart problems, therefore it is advised to discuss your medical history with your physician before taking Levoflox 500 mg.
- Skin reactions. Stop taking the medicine and inform your doctor, if you get any skin lesions, blisters, or ulcers.
- Liver problems. The drug may cause inflammation of the liver. Your doctor may monitor you for mild to moderate liver problems.
- Mental Disorder. If the patient is having a mental disorder, epilepsy problem or any other condition that cause fit, Levoflox may cause some serious side effect, therefore tell your doctor about your medical problem before taking this medication to avoid any unwanted side-effect.
- Diabetes. This drug is not suitable for diabetes patients, it may cause serious changes in blood sugar. In this case, consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Common side effects that may occur while taking Levoflox 500 mg tablets include:
- Stomach upset
- Trouble in sleeping
- Unusual tiredness
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Unusual weakness
- Trouble breathing
- Fast heart rate
- Chest pain
- Mood swings
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- Blood or mucus in your stool
What medications interact with Levoflox?
Tell your physician if you are consuming any other drugs, including prescription and non-prescription drugs, herbal supplements, and vitamins. Especially, tell your physician if you take:
- Antiarrhythmics, such as amiodarone, dofetilide.
- Insulin or oral diabetes medicines such as glyburide
- Corticosteroids (eg, prednisone)
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin)
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) (eg, ibuprofen) or theophylline.
Keep a list of medicines you take and show it to your physician every time you get a new medicine.
When should Levoflox not be used?
Do not take Levoflox500 mg if:
- You are suffering from glucose 6 phosphate deficiency
- You have Myasthenia Gravis
- You are pregnant or plan to get pregnant.
- You have any kidney problem
- You are allergic to any of the components in Levoflox500 mg tablets.
How should Levoflox be taken?
- Take one Levoflox tablet every day. The medicine can be taken with or without food.
- If you have taken overdose ofLevoflox tablets by mistake, contact your doctorimmediately. Remember do not take any additional tablet until your doctor instructed you to do so.
Contact your doctor if you experience any health changes while taking this medicine.
How long should you take Levoflox?
Take Levoflox 500 mg exactly as prescribed by your physician. Keep taking the medicine for as long as your doctor prescribes it for you.
Missed dose of Levoflox?
If you miss the dose take it as soon as you remember, skip the missed dose if it is too late and take the next dose at the correct scheduled time. Never take two doses at one time.
How should Levoflox be stored?
- Store it at room temperature.
- Keep the tablets in its original packet until it is time to take them.
- Do not store it or any other medicine in the bathroom or near a sink.
- Keep away from heat, moisture, and light.
- Keep the medicine where children cannot reach.