|Description||Cyproterone Acetate (also spell as Ciproterone Acetate)|
|Generic Name||Cyproterone Acetate (also spell as Ciproterone Acetate)|
|Manufacturer||Bayer Schering, Turkey|
Out Of Stock
Androcur 50 mg (Cyproterone Acetate)
Androcur is the brand name for tablets containing 50 mg of the androgen receptor antagonist, Cyproterone acetate as the chief component. It is an antiandrogenic hormone medication, which has several, different uses. It is a prescribed drug for the treatment of prostate cancer in men. The therapeutic agent can also be used along with other drugs or following surgical removal of the testes to treat adverse reactions such as sweats or hot flushes. Carcinoma of the prostate gland needs androgenic hormones to grow. The medicine stops the androgen hormone, testosterone from being able to attach to the abnormal cell in the body. This hormone preparation is prescribed by the physicians to reduce the male sex drive in certain cases. It is also indicated for the treatment of female hirsuitism, severe androgenic alopecia, or severe acne. The medicine is only available on a physician’s prescription.
What is Androcur used for?
Androcur is a hormonal treatment prescribed to treat cancer of the prostate. It is used to control sexual desire in men who have an increased sex drive. The medicine is also useful in treating women with facial or chest hair, women who are balding, or have severe forms of acne and seborrhoea.
How does Androcur work?
Androcur contains the active ingredient Cyproterone acetate, a steroidal androgen, which works by blocking the action of the androgen hormone (testosterone) released naturally in the body. In this way, it reduces androgen level and may shrink prostate cancer or stop it from growing.
Where to buy Androcur online?
Our online website premiumrxdrugs.com offers a wide range of products, which includes Androcur. Buy Androcur 50 mg online far cheaper than your other local pharmacies.
What does Androcur contain?
Cyproterone Acetate, the active ingredient of the medicine Androcur can be classified as non toxic. Each tablet contains 50 mg of Cyroterone acetate.
What are the side effects of Androcur?
- Blood and the lymphatic disorders: Anaemia
- Endocrine disorders: Suppression of adrenocortical function
- Immune system disease: Hypersensitivity reactions
- Vascular disorders: Thromboembolic events
- Problems related to reproductive system: Inhibition of spermatogenesis
- Disease of connective tissue and musculoskeletal disorders: Osteoporosis
- Psychiatric issues: Depression, mood changes, and restlessness
- Hepato-biliary disorders: Hepatitis, jaundice, and hepatic failure
- Respiratory system and thoracic cavity disorders: Dyspnoea
- Nutrition and metabolism disorders: Weigh gain in association with fluid retention
- General problems: Tiredness, lassitude, sweating, and hot flushes
What medications interact with Androcur?
Androcur may affect the working of other medicines. This includes medicines you can buy from a medical store or chemist shop. You should tell your physician about all the medicines you are consuming. These can be complementary therapies, herbal products, and vitamins.
When should Androcur not be used?
Androcur should not be used in the following conditions:
- Rotor syndrome
- Sickle-cell anemia
- Dubin-Johnson syndrome
- Severe chronic depression
- Diabetes with vascular changes
- A history of liver tumors or other liver diseases
- A history of meningioma
- Hypersensitivity to Cyroterone or to any of the components of the preparation
- Wasting diseases
- A history of jaundice
How should Androcur be taken?
The tablets can be taken one to three times a day. Take it after consuming food and swallow it whole with a full glass of water. Alway take this medicine exactly as your physician explained.
How long should you take Androcur?
The Androcur 50 mg dose dose should be used as directed by your physician. Do not take the medicine for more than the recommended period.
Missed dose of Androcur
If you forget or miss a dose of Androcur 50 mg, do not try to make it up by taking an extra dose. Instead, go back to your normal administration schedule as soon as you can and inform your physician about the dose that you have missed.
How should Androcur be stored?
- Keep the medicine in the blister pack only until it is time to take them out
- The medicine should be kept in a cool dry place at a room temperature
- Do not store the medicine in the bathroom or near a sink
- The tablets should not be placed in the car or window sill as heat and dampness can destroy some medicines
- Keep Androcur tablets way from children and pets to avoid accidental consumption