|Generic Name||Hydroxyzine HCl|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.14||US$ 4.29|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.14||US$ 8.58|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.14||US$ 12.87|
Atarax 10mg comprises of an active constituent Hydroxyzine. It is used to treat itching caused by allergies. Atarax pill is an antihistamine and works by blocking a certain natural substances (histamine) that your body makes during an allergic reaction. Hydroxyzine may also be used short – term to treat anxiety and tension or to help you feel sleepy/ relaxed before and after any surgery. The dosage is based on your age, medical condition, and response to treatment.
What is Atarax used for?
Atarax 10mg is used to treat allergic skin reactions such as hives or contact dermatitis. Atarax reduces activity in the central nervous system (CNS). It also acts as an antihistamine that reduces the natural chemical histamine in the human body. Histamine can produce symptoms of runny nose and sneezing, or hives on the body skin.
Atarax tablet is used as a sedative to treat tension and anxiety. It is also used together with other medications given for anaesthesia. Hydroxyzine may also be used to control unsettled stomach and vomiting.
How does Atarax work?
Atarax 10mg contains the active constituent Hydroxyzine, which is a first generation antihistamine that crosses the (blood/brain) barrier extensively and has a high affinity for histaminic receptor in the brain, thereby producing sedative-anxiolytic effects.
What does Atarax 10mg contain?
The active ingredient of Atarax is Hydroxyzine. Other inactive ingredients of Atarax are: precipitated calcium carbonate, shellac, sucrose, talc, acacia, carnauba wax, dibasic calcium phosphate, gelatine, lactose, magnesium stearate, white wax, sodium hydroxide, starch, titanium dioxide, and yellow 6 Lake.
What are the side effects of Atarax?
Do not worry. Like all medicines, atarx can cause side effects, although everyone gets them. Atarax medicine can cause the following side effects in some people:
If you are get any of the following symptoms after taking atarax, stop taking the medicine and seek for medical attention right away:
Less serious Atarax side effects may include:
- Dizziness, drowsiness
- Blurred vision, dry mouth
Serious side effects may include
- Restless muscle movements in your eyes, tongue, jaw, or neck
- Tremor (uncontrolled shaking)
This is not an absolute list of side effects and others may occur. Talk to your health care specialist for medical advice about side effects.
What medications interact with Atarax?
- Atarax may impair your thinking or reactions. Be alert if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
- Drinking alcohol can increase certain side effects of Atarax. Alcohol potentiates the effect of atarax.
- Before using Hydroxyzine, tell your health care specialist if you regularly use other medicines (prescription/ non-prescription medicines, herbal or ayurvedic medicines) that make you sleepy (such as muscle relaxers, and medicine for seizures, depression, cold or allergy medicine, sedatives, narcotic pain medicine, sleeping pills, or anxiety). They can add to drowsiness caused by hydroxyzine.
This is not a complete list and other drugs may interact with Hydroxyzine. Tell your health care specialist about all medications you use. Do not start a new medication without telling your health care specialist.
When should Atarax not be used?
Do not take Atarax 10mg if:
- You are allergic (hypersensitive) to aminophylline or ethylenediamine hydroxyzine hydrochloride, cetirizine, other piperazine derivatives, or any of the ingredients of Atarax
- You have or had a cardiovascular disease or if your heart rate is very low
- You have low salt levels in your body
- You are an asthmatic patient who has suffered a bad reaction to an antihistamine in the past life
- You are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
Atarax contains lactose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your health care specialist before taking this medicinal product. If you have hereditary galactose intolerance, Lapp lactose deficiency or glucose – galactose malabsorption you should not take this medicine.
If any of the above applies to you, or if you are not sure speak to your health care specialist before taking Atarax.
How long Atarax 10 should be used?
Take Atarax 10mg as your healthcare specialist may have prescribed it. Take daily dose for better results.
Missed dose of Altrax
If you forget to take a dose Atarax 10 tablet , take it as soon as possible, unless it is almost time to take the next dose. Do not take a double dose. Then go on as before.
How should Atarax be stored?
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children
- Do store at room temperature
- Do not take atarax after the expiry date which is started on the cartoon after Exp. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month
- Medicine should not be disposed of via waste water or household waste. These measures will help protect the environment