Aten - 100mg
Aten 100 mg (Atenolol)
Aten 100 mg could be used for different reasons. So make sure that you take medicine only if it is prescribed to you by a health care specialist. The medicine is known for its effect on the rhythm of the heart. It can be useful in treating irregular heartbeats or high blood pressure. The drug is also considered to treat a type of chest pain called angina. It falls into the category of medicines called beta blockers. The medicine has been shown to improve survival rates after a heart attack by decreasing the severity of heart attack.
What is Aten 100 mg used for?
Aten is formulated to:
- Control high blood pressure
- Control irregular heart beats
- Relieve chest pain
- Protect the heart in the early treatment after a heart attack
How does Aten 100 mg work?
The medicine blocks the action of certain chemicals in the body, such epinephrine, on the heart and blood vessels. By doing this, it lowers the heart rate, blood pressure and strain on the heart.
Where to buy Aten online?
Purchase Aten 100 mg online from premiumrxdrugs.com at an affordable rate. Get your high blood pressure medicine at an absolute lowest price along with a quick delivery option.
What does Aten contain?
Aten comprises of the main active ingredient Atenolol, a cardioselective beta blocker, which helps you feel calm and relaxed.
What are the side effects of Aten?
- Peripheral vasoconstriction
- Pulmonary edema
- Heart failure
- Decreased libido
- Erectile dysfunction
- Urinary frequency
- Insomnia, anxiety
- Fatigue, memory loss
- Nightmares, mental status changes
- Increased liver enzymes
- Back pain
- Joint pain
- Blurred vision
What medications interact with Aten?
Aten may interact with many drugs including:
- General anesthesia
- Antihypertensive agents and nitrates
- Oral antidiabetic agents and insulins
- MAO inhibitor therapy
When should Aten not be used?
Avoid using the medicine in the following health conditions:
- Uncompensated heart failure
- Pulmonary edema
- Cardiogenic shock.
- Bradycardia or heart block.
Exercise caution while taking Aten on the following conditions:
- Pulmonary disease
- Geriatric patients
- Diabetes mellitus
- Severe allergic reactions
- Pediatric patients
How should Aten be taken?
Aten is recommended for adults only.
- Angina pectoris, the recommended dose is 50 mg once a day. Your physician may increase your dose after one week to 100 mg per kg.
- Hypertension- The medicine is used as 25 to 50 mg once a day. Your physician may increase your dose after 14 days to 50 to 100 mg once a day.
- Myocardial infarction- The suggested dose is 50 mg, then 50 mg 12 hours later, then given as 100 mg daily as a single dose or in two divided doses from 6 to 9 days or until hospital discharge.
- Renal impaired patients--The dosage should not exceed 50 mg a day.
How long should you take Aten?
Patients are instructed to take the medicine at the same time daily, even if feeling well. Do not discontinue medicine without first checking with your physician because sudden discontinuation of the drug may cause life-threatening arrhythmias, or myocardial ischemia, and hypertension.
Missed dose of Aten
Do not skip or double up on missed doses. If you missed a dose of Aten 100 mg, take it as soon as possible up to 8 hours before the next scheduled dose.
How long Aten to be stored?
- Store the medicine in tightly closed, light-resistant container at room temperature.
- Place the tablets away from children and pets
- Do not refrigerate the medicine