Augmentin 375 mg
|Description||Augmentin 375 mg|
|Generic For||Augmentin 375|
|Generic Name||Amoxicillin Clavulanic Acid|
Augmentin- 375 (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic Acid)
Augmentin is an antibacterial combination containing two active ingredients namely Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid for oral administration. One of the ingredients, Amoxicillin is an antibiotic and an analog of penicillin. The second main component Clavulanic acid is known to increase its effectiveness against certain bacteria. The combination drug is formulated to treat susceptible bacterial infections in humans. Your health care specialist may ask you to consume it with food to decrease unwanted effects like vomiting.
What is Augmentin used for?
Augmentin is useful in preventing a variety of infections including otitis media, respiratory tract infections, sinusitis, genitourinary infections, skin and skin structure, etc.
How does Augmentin work?
Amoxicillin, one of the active ingredients of the medicine works by binding to bacterial cell wall, causing cell death. It has broad spectrum than penicillin. Other active component, Clavulanate resists the action of beta-lactamase, an enzyme produced by bacteria that is capable of inactivating some penicillins.
Where to buy Augmentin online?
Augmentin is available to purchase online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 375 mg-375 mg strength. You can buy Augmentin 375-375 mg online far cheaper than your other local pharmacies.
What does Augmentin contain?
Augmentin consists of two main components namely Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid.
What are the side effects of Augmentin
- Gastrointestinal issues: diarrhea, nausea, hepatic dysfunction, vomiting, and pseudomembranous colitis.
- Dermatological issues: urticaria, rash
- Hematological problems: blood dyscrasias
- Genitouterine problems: vaginal candidiasis
- Central nervous system disorders: seizures
- Miscllaneous issues: allergic reactions including superinfection, anaphylaxis, and serum sickness
What medications interact with Augmentin?
- Co administration with probenecid may decrease renal excretion and increase blood levels of amoxicillin.
- The medicine may increase the effect of warfarin
- Rash may occur with concurrent use of allopurinol treatment.
- Do not use Augmentin with hormonal contraceptives as it may decreases the effectiveness of contraceptive drugs.
When should Augmentin not be used?
- Augment is not suitable for patients who are hypersensitive to penicillin or clavulanate.
- It should be avoided in phenylketonuria.
- It should not be used in patients with a history of Augmentin associated jaundice.
Use caution while using the medicine in the following conditions:
- Infectious mononucleosis
- Severe renal insufficiency
- Hepatic impairment
How should Augmentin be used?
- The medicine should be taken at a start of a meal to enhance absorption and decrease adverse effects. It should not be taken with high fat meals due to the decrease in Clavulanate absorption.
- Patients should be assessed for infection which may show signs like sputum, appearance of wound, urine, and stool. These signs can be seen at beginning of and throughout therapy.
- Notify your health care specialist if symptoms of anaphylaxis including pruritus, rash, wheezing, and laryngeal edema may occur.
- Bowl function should regularly be monitored during the treatment. Problems like fever; bloody stools, abdominal cramping, and diarrhea should be reported to health care specialist immediately as a sign of pseudo membranous colitis.
How long should Augmentin be used?
If there is no improvement after the recommended time or if the condition becomes worse, discontinue the treatment and consult your health care, specialist.
Missed dose of Augmentin
Miss dose is not a thing to fear, yet you should be regular in taking medicine. Never double the dose to make for the missed one, and remember to take the next dose at the scheduled time. If it is missed and you have doubts please talk to your healthcare specialist, he/she will give further advice on this.
How should Augmentin be stored?
- Keep it out of the reach of children
- Store the medicine at room temperature
- Ensure that your children and pets don't have access to the medication