Azithromycin 500mg Tablet
Azee 500mg (Azithromycin)
Azee 500 mg tablets contain Azithromycin, which is an macrolides antibiotic, used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections.
What is Azee used for?
Azee 500mg is an antibiotic belongs to a Macrolide family of medicines known for treating a bacterial infection. Azee is indicated for the treatment of Respiratory tract bacterial infections, chest infections, Ear infections, Skin infections, Eye infections, Tonsillitis, Urethra and Cervix infections.
How does Azee work?
Azee 500 is a bacteriostatic in action as it aims to stop the reproduction process of bacteria. Azithromycin is reversibly bound to the ribosome of bacteria, that results in the inhibition of protein synthesis. This is how it stops the growth of the bacteria and cures the infections.
What does Azee contain?
Azee 500 mg contains the active ingredient Azithromycin, that belongs to a macrolide family of medicines known for treating a bacterial infection.
Effects of alcohol on Azee
Azee 500 mg tablets may cause dizziness. If you take this drug with alcohol, it may lead to a harmful effect. Therefore, it is safe to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment with Azee 500 mg tablets.
What are the side effects of Azee?
Azee500 mg may cause serious side effects including:
- Heart disease. Patients who have a history of a heart disease and who take Azeemay shown a slight increase in heart problems, therefore it is advised to discuss your medical history with your doctor before taking Azee500 mg.
- A kidney problem. If a patient is suffering from any kind of kidney problem, including dialysis treatment, this drug is harmful in these conditions, therefore, it is advised to consult your doctor and tell your medical history before taking this drug.
- Liver problems. The drug may cause inflammation of the liver. Using this drug in this condition need to monitor and examine your condition with your doctor. Therefore, consult your doctor before starting up with this drug.
- Mental Disorder. If the patient is having a mental disorder, epilepsy problem or any other condition that induces a fit, in this case taking Azee may cause some serious side effect, therefore, tell your doctor about your medical problem before taking this medication to avoid any unwanted side-effect.
- Diabetes. This drug is not suitable for diabetes patients, it may cause serious changes in blood sugar. In this case, consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
- Tendonitis. If the patient has ever experienced a problem of tendons, called tendonitis, it may cause serious side effect therefore, in this case you should inform your doctor about your medical history before starting up this medicament.
Common side effects that may occur while taking Azee 500 mg tablets include:
- Stomach upset
- Trouble in sleeping
- Loss of appetite
- Clay colored stools
- Dark urine
- Unusual tiredness
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Unusual weakness
- Trouble breathing
- Fast heart rate
- Chest pain
- Mood swings
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- Blood or mucus in your stool
What medications interact with Azee?
Tell your physician if you are consuming any other drugs, including prescription and non-prescription drugs, herbal supplements, and vitamins. Especially, tell your physician if you take:
Keep a list of medicines you take and show it to your physician every time you get a new medicine.
When should Azee not be used?
Do not take Azee 500 mg if:
- You have Myasthenia Gravis
- You are pregnant or plan to get pregnant. This medicine may lead to harmful effects to an unborn child. If you get pregnant while taking Azee, tell your physician right away.
- You are having any mental disorder, including epilepsy.
- You are allergic to any of the components in Azee500 mg tablets.
How should Azee be taken?
- Take one Azee tablet every day. The medicine can be taken with or without food.
- If you have taken more Azee tablets accidently than your doctor has prescribed, contact your doctor straight away. Remember do not take any additional tablet until your doctor prescribed you to do so
Talk to your doctor if you have any health changes occur while taking this medication.
How long should you take Azee?
Take Azee 500 mg exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Keep taking the medicine for as long as your doctor prescribes it for you.
Missed dose of Azee?
If you miss the dose, take it as soon as you remember, but if it is too late, then skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the correct scheduled time. Never take two doses at once.
How should Azee be stored?
- Store it at room temperatures
- Keep the tablets in its original packet
- Do not store in the bathroom
- Store away from heat, light, and moisture
- Keep the medicine where children cannot reach