Corbis 2.5 mg (Bisoprolol)
Corbis 2.5 mg belongs to a group of beta-blockers. It is a class of medicines primarily used in cardiovascular diseases. More specifically, Bisoprolol is a type beta-1 adrenergic receptor blocker. Bisoprolol is used alone or together with other medicines to treat congestive heart failure. The name of the medicine is Corbis, and it contains Bisoprolol as an active medicinal ingredient.
What is Corbis 2.5 mg (Bisoprolol) used for?
Corbis 2.5 mg is used for the treatment of:
- Stable heart failure, a condition when the heart is unable to pump adequately, to maintain blood flow to meet the need of the body.
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) and angina pectoris (chest pain).
How does Corbis 2.5 mg (Bisoprolol) work?
Corbis 2.5 mg works by blocking the beta-1 adrenergic receptors in the heart, decreasing cardiac contractility and rate, reducing cardiac output, and lowering blood pressure.
What are the different doses of Corbis (Bisoprolol)?
Corbis tablets are available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 2.5 mg strength. You can buy Corbis 2.5 mg online at unbeatable price.
How should Corbis 2.5 mg (Bisoprolol) be taken?
- Corbis 2.5 mg comes in the form of a tablet. It must be taken by mouth at the morning time, with or without food. Swallow the medicine with a glass of water. Avoid chewing or crushing it.
- Treatment with Corbis is prolonged.
- To treat hypertension and angina pectoris: The recommended dose is 5 mg. Depending on how you react to this dose, your doctor may increase your dose up to 20 mg.
- To treat a patient with liver and kidney disorders: The recommended dose is one tablet of 10 mg, every day.
- To heart failure: Before you initiate with Bisoprolol tablets, you must already be taking other medicines for heart failure, such as ACE inhibitors, a cardiac glycoside, a diuretic. Treatment with Bisoprolol should be started at a low dose and increased gradually. Your doctor will suggest whether to increase the dose of Bisoprolol and it will be done as:
- One 1.25 mg Corbis tablet daily, for a week.
- One 2.5 mg Corbis tablet daily, for a week.
- One 3.75 mg Corbis tablet daily, for a week.
- One 5 mg Corbis tablet daily, for four weeks.
- One 7.5 mg Corbis tablet daily, for four weeks.
- One 10 mg Corbis tablet daily, for maintenance therapy.
- The maximum recommended dose is 10 mg.
- To treat elderly patients: Dose adjustment is not is not required. Your doctor suggests you to start with the lowest dose.
- If you feel the effect of Bisoprolol is too strong or too week, do not alter the dosing schedule yourself, but talk to your doctor.
- Overdose: Seek medical attention immediately, in case of an overdose of Bisoprolol. The overdose of the medicine may cause dizziness, breathing problem and slow heartbeat.
Missed dose of Corbis 2.5 mg
If you have forgotten a dose, take it as soon you remember and go back to your usual dosing schedule. If the time to take the next dose is near, leave the forgotten dose and take the next dose. Do not double up the dose to compensate the missed one.
Do not stop taking the medicine, just because you feel better than your previous situation. Stopping the intake of Corbis tablet may reverse your improving condition.
What are the side effects of Corbis 2.5 mg?
Like other medicines, Corbis 2.5 mg may cause adverse effects. Seek medical attention, in case the following troubles arise:
Some side effects of Corbis 2.5 mg can be serious. Visit the doctor immediately, in the following situations.
- Unexplained weight gain
- Swelling of the face, tongue, and throat
- Breathing trouble
- Yellowing of eyes and skin
- Severe stomach and abdominal pain
- Severe dizziness
- Unusual tiredness
What medications interact with Corbis 2.5 mg?
The following medicines should be avoided, in case doctor recommends you Corbis 2.5 mg to avoid possible drug interactions.
- Insulin or oral diabetes medicines
- Narcotic painkillers
- HIV medicines
- Other heart and blood pressure drugs
- MAO inhibitors
- Blood thinners
Tell your doctor about all medicines you use as they can interact with Bisoprolol and cause side effects.
- Tell the doctor, if you are hypersensitive to the drug, or its components
- Before taking the drug, tell your doctor about the medical history of mood disorders, serious allergic reactions, breathing problems and myasthenia gravis
- Tell the doctor, if you have problems with circulation in the limbs
- The drug may cause dizziness. Do not drive or use machinery, while taking Bisoprolol as these activities may require a high degree of mental attention.
- Consult your doctor, before having a surgery or an operation
- Inform your doctor, if you are pregnant or intending to become pregnant. You should discuss the benefits and risks of taking Bisoprolol tablets during pregnancy. Breastfeeding women are advised no to take Bisoprolol as it may pass into breast milk and harm the nursing, baby
- If you cannot digest some sugars, consult your physician, before taking Bisoprolol tablets
- The Drug is not recommended for use in children
- Do not forget to see the expiry date of the product.
- Keep the drug reach out of children.
- It should not be given to anybody, even if they have the same problems.
- Always keep the written record of your medications.