Budecort Rotacaps 200mcg
Budecort Rotacaps 200mcg
|Generic For||Pulmicort Rotacaps|
Budecort Rotacaps 200 mcg
Budecort Rotacaps 200mcg contains the active ingredient Budesonide, which is a steroid medication. It is used to prevent and reduce symptoms caused by asthma. The medicine works directly on the lungs to make breathing easier by reducing the swelling and irritation of the airways. It must be used regularly to prevent breathing problems. However, it does not work immediately and is not used to relieve an asthma attack.
What is Budecort Rotacaps used for?
Budecort Rotacaps 200mcg is useful in prophylactic and maintenance therapy of asthma. It can reduce the need of oral corticosteroid in patients with chronic asthma. The medicine should not be used for the relief of acute bronchospasm.
How does Budecort Rotacaps work?
The active ingredient, Budesonide is a glucocorticoid with weak mineralocorticoid activity. It acts by reducing irritation, swelling, and inflammation in the nasal membrane due to allergies.
What does Budecort Rotacaps contain?
Budecort Rotacaps contain the active ingredient Budesonide, which is a synthetic corticosteroid.
What are the side effects of Budecort Rotacaps?
Budecort Rotacaps-200 mcg may or may not have side effects associated with it. Many people don’t show any side effects or allergic reactions after using Budecort medication. But your case may be different. If you get any allergic reactions such as breathing difficulty, hives, swelling of the face, lips, mouth, or tongue, call your physician immediately.
You should also visit your physician or seek emergency medical attention in case of these rare, but serious side effects:
- Deteriorating respiratory conditions
- Ear pain with fever
- Difficulty in vision
- Feeling like you may faint
There are also some less serious, but common adverse reactions of Budecort Rotacaps such as white marks or sores in the mouth or on lips, headache, nausea, bleeding from the nose, sore throat, cough, or sneezing, etc.
What medications interact with Budecort Rotacaps?
- Concomitant use of Ketoconazole caused an eightfold increase in the systematic exposure to Budecort Rotacaps-200 mcg. If treatment with inhibitors of CYP3A4 activity like indinavir, ritonavir, erythromycin, itraconazole, and saquinavir, is indicated, reduction of the dose should be considered.
- Do not take it with antacids and cholesterol-lowering medicines such as cholestyramine. These drugs may reduce the effectiveness of Budesonide when taken at the same time. If you need to consume these drugs, take them at least two hours before or after using Budecort Rotacaps.
Tell your physician if you are taking any other drugs, especially those mentioned here:
- Antibiotics such as doxycycline, clarithromycin, telithromycin, isoniazid, and troleandomycin
- Heart medicines such as verapamil, quinidine, nicardipine, etc.
Always inform your physician if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal supplements, tonics, and drugs that you buy without a prescription.
When should Budecort Rotacaps not be used?
- Budecort Rotacaps-200 mcg should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to Budesonide or any other ingredients of the formulation.
- It is contraindicated in status asthmaticus and acute attack of asthma.
- It is not indicated for children less than five years of age.
How should Budecort Rotacaps be used?
Follow your physician’s directions on how to use Budecort Rotacaps-200 mcg. Your dosage will be determined by things such age, weight, the severity of your condition, and the general condition of your health. It is important that you follow the prescription directions precisely when taking the medicine.
Budecort Rotacaps should not be swallowed; they are intended to be taken by inhalation only, using your Rotahaler. Always use a clean mouthpiece. Take the Rotacap and insert the capsule into the Rotahaler by holding it in an upright position. Then, change the upright position to a horizontal position by holding white spot up and the lighter colored end in a different direction. This leads to the opening of a capsule shell. Now slowly breathe out and seal your lips around the mouthpiece. Take a deep breath and hold your breath for up to ten seconds. After this, take a normal breath and throw away the empty capsule shell. To use it again, reorganize your Rotahaler and repeat the process. If you have any doubt related to the drug’s usage, please contact your physician.
Missed dose of Budecort Rotacaps
Do not ever miss a Budecort Rotacaps dose, but if you skip a dose due to uncontrollable reasons, take the skipped dose when you remember. Do not take the missed dose if it is already time for the next dose.
How should Budecort Rotacaps be stored?
Budecort Rotacaps should be stored at room temperature. It should be kept protected from heat and light. Keep it out of reach of children and pets.