Cardace - 10mg
|Description||Cardace 10 mg comprises of an active ingredient Ramipril, which works by blocking the conversion of angiotensin I to angiotensin II, resulting in increased plasma rennin levels and decreases aldosterone levels. It stops the degradation of bradykinin and other vasodilatory prostaglandins. In this way, the medicine produces a hypotensive effect and a beneficial effect in chronic heart failure.|
Cardace 10 mg (Ramipril)
Cardace have been launched in the market to treat hypertension. It reduces the risk of cardiovascular events such as stroke, myocardial infarction, or death. It is indicated in patients 55 years or older who are at high risk of developing problems such as coronary heart disease, peripheral vascular disease, or stroke. The medicine may also be prescribed to reduce the risk of cardiovascular events in diabetic patients aged 55 years or older who may be considered at risk because of having any of the additional risk factors such as kidney problems, high blood pressure or high cholesterol levels. Its active component is Ramipril, an Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE).
Cardace general information
What is Cardace used for?
Cardace is used to treat the following conditions:
- Heart conditions such as a heart attack and heart failure
- Renal impairment in some patients
It is also useful in reducing the risk of cardiovascular complication in patients aged 55 years with heart disease, diabetes, or other blood vessel diseases.
How does Cardace work?
Cardace 10 mg comprises of an active ingredient Ramipril, which works by blocking the conversion of angiotensin I to angiotensin II, resulting in increased plasma rennin levels and decreases aldosterone levels. It stops the degradation of bradykinin and other vasodilatory prostaglandins. In this way, the medicine produces a hypotensive effect and a beneficial effect in chronic heart failure.
Where to buy Cardace online?
You can buy Cardace 10 mg at the very cheapest rate at premiumrxdrugs.com as compare to other online and local pharmacies.
What does Cardace contain?
Cardace tablets contain Ramipril as the main active ingredient. Each tablet delivers 10 mg of Ramipril to the patient.
What are the side effects of Cardace?
- Central nervous system disorders: a headache, dizziness, vertigo, weakness, fatigue, etc.
- Gastrointestinal problems: vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, etc.
- Cardiovascular events: chest pain and hypotension
- Respiratory tract: a cough
- Dermatological issues: rashes
What medications interact with Cardace?
- Concurrent use of diuretics may cause excessive hypotension.
- Additive hypotension may occur with other antihypertensive agents.
- The risk of hyperkalemia may increase if used with potassium-sparing diuretics, potassium containing salt substitutes, or other potassium supplements.
- Concurrent use of angiotensin II receptor antagonists may increase the risk of syncope, renal dysfunction, and hypotension.
- COX-2 inhibitors and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs may blunt the antihypertensive effect and may lead to lithium toxicity and kidney disease.
- Co-administration of Telmisartan with Cardace is not recommended.
It is important to tell your physician about all the medications you use. Always carry the list of medicines you take whenever you visit your physician to get a new prescription.
When should Cardace not be used?
- Cardace 10 mg should not be administered in patients with known hypersensitivity to Ramipril, or any other ingredients of the formulation.
- It should not be given to patients with a history of angioedema with previous use of ACE inhibitors.
- Concurrent use of aliskiren is contraindicated in patients with diabetes of moderate to severe kidney problem.
- If you get pregnant during the treatment, discontinue the drug and talk to your doctor.
- Lactating mothers are advised not take Cardace without consulting with their physicians.
How should Cardace be used?
- For hypertension, the recommended dose is 2.5 mg once daily. Your physician may slowly increase your dose up to 20 mg daily, in one to two divided doses. 1.35 mg is the suggested initial dose for patients receiving diuretics.
- For heart failure post-myocardial infarction, the recommended dose is 1.25 mg to 2.5 mg two times a day. Your physician may slowly increase your dose up to 5 mg twice daily.
- To reduce the risk of myocardial infarction, stroke, and death from cardiovascular events, the prescribed dose is 2.5 mg once daily for one week, then 5 mg once daily for three weeks. If tolerated, your doctor may increase your dose up to 10 mg once daily.
- For patients with renal impairment, 1.25 mg is the initial recommended dose. It should be taken once daily. The dose may slowly increase up to 5 mg per day.
- Do not discontinue the treatment unless directed by your physician.
- Avoid taking salt substitutes containing high level of potassium and foods containing high level of sodium or potassium unless directed by the physician.
Missed dose of Cardace
Do not double your dose. If you miss a dose of Cardace 10 mg, then you should take it as soon as you remember. If the time is up and it is almost time to take your next dose leave the forgotten dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
How long should you take Cardace
Cardace helps control your condition, but does not cure it. Therefore, you must take it every day. Continue taking this ACE inhibitor for as long as your physician tells you.
How should Cardace be stored?
Store the medicine at room temperature. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.