Careprost (Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution) 0.03%
Careprost Eyelash Serum
|Strength||3 ml. of 0.03%|
|Generic Name||Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution|
Careprost 0.03% (Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution)
Careprost is an eye drop containing Bimatoprost solution, a prostaglandin F2α analogue made by chemical synthesis imitates the effect of naturally occurring prostamides. The hypotensive agent is mainly employed for the treatment of ocular hypotension and open eye glaucoma. It is an FDA approved drug and used worldwide to lower ocular blood pressure. Bimatoprost, the active ingredient of the solution lowers elevated pressure in the eye by helping the natural flow of fluid out of sight. The clinical studies also indicate that the ophthalmic solution may slowly change eyelashes with regards to an increased number of eyelashes, thickness, length, and pigmentation. The Careprost is extremely effective with minimal adverse effects.
What is the use of Careprost?
Careprost 0.03% effectively treats ocular hypertension, a clinical term that describes the availability of raised intraocular pressure with optic neuropathy and visual field loss. It is indicated for the treatment of people with open-angle glaucoma, an eye disorder defined by the increased stress within the eyeball, causing gradual loss of vision. The eye drop is relatively safe as well as effective in stimulating the growth of the eyelashes. It not only provides thicker and longer lashes, but also adds colour to them, leaving them fuller than ever before. It is beneficial for people who are suffering from hypotrichosis. These additional positive effects make it very popular in the cosmetic world.
How does Careprost work?
The structural prostaglandin analogue, Bimatoprost is the active ingredient present in Careprost eye drop. However, the exact mode of action of the drug with regards to eyelash growth is not known. But it is believed that the growth occurs by increasing the percent of hairs in, and the duration of the growth phase of a hair follicle.
The active component work as an ocular hypotensive agent, it reduces the build-up of pressure in the eye by blocking the draining of eye fluid called aqueous humour, which is produced naturally and continuously to maintain normal eye pressure.
What does Careprost contain?
Careprost eye drop for topical application contains Bimatoprost as the main active ingredient. Each drop delivers 0.03% of Bimatoprost ophthalmic solution to the patient.
What are the side effects of Careprost?
The most commonly experienced side effects of Careprost eye solution include: itching, irritation, inflammation of the eyelid, visual changes, conjuctival hyperemia, sensitivity to light, darkening of the iris, an increase in the pigment of the area around eye, dizziness, and darkening of the eyelashes.Other side effects, such as headache, dizziness, and upper respiratory tract infections have also been reported.
What medications interact with Careprost?
It would help if you always inform your health care provider about all medical solutions you use at the time that you are prescribed by Careprost. Certain herbal products, vitamins, and nutrient supplements can also interact with this eye drop and change its effect.
The use of the following medicines needs to be especially avoided while using this product:
When should Careprost not be used?
- Careprost eye drop should not be used if you are known to demonstrate hypersensitivity towards Bimatoprost and its other ingredients
- It is not recommended for use in pregnancy, women who intend to become pregnant or breastfeeding
- The eye drop is not meant for use in patients with kidney, liver, or respiratory disease.
- Do not use this solution if you wear contact lenses, and you should remove your contact lenses before using Careprost.
How should Careprost be used?
Careprost should only be obtained after your physician’s prescription.
- For the treatment of glaucoma: The dosage and application method depends on the factors such as age, and severity of the condition. It is usually recommended to instil one drop into the affected area daily.
- For eyelash growth: The solution should be applied once daily in the evening. It is meant to be applied with the help of a brush to the base of upper eyelashes of both the eyes. Avoid dropping the eye drop to other parts of the body as it may lead to unwanted hair growth.
Important application instructions:
- Clean the face, free of makeup, and contact lenses
- Wait for at least 15-20 minutes after applying the eye drop before wearing contact lenses back into your eyes
- Do not allow the dropper to touch your eye
How long should you use Careprost?
Continue using Careprost for as long as recommended by the physician. The regular use of the product will help maintain normal eye pressure and stimulate eyelash growth as well.
Missed dose of Careprost
The dose of Careprost solution should not be missed. If you miss a dose, try to apply it as soon as you remember. Do not use the missed dose if it is almost time to instil the next dose. Just skip the missed application and use the subsequent treatment according to the prescribed schedule.
How should Careprost be stored?
Careprost 0.03% eye drop should be stored at room temperature. It should be kept away from the reach and sight of children. The bottle of Bimatoprost ophthalmic solution should not be used more than one month of opening it. You should throw away the left amount of the product after one month. Please do not keep it in the window sill as heat and dampness can destroy some medications.