Cefoprox 100 mg is an oral third generation cephalosporin antibiotic drug. It is active against most gram-, and gram bacteria. you can order Cefoprox 100 mg online from premiumrxdrugs.com at affordable price
|Generic Name||Cefpodoxime Proxetil|
Cefoprox 100 mg (Cefpodoxime Proxetil)
Cefoprox 100 mg is an oral third generation cephalosporin antibiotic drug. It is active against most gram-, and gram bacteria. The medicine has shown excellent therapeutic response with good patients compliance as it has a favourable pharmacokinetic profile. Cefpodoxime Proxetil is the main medicinal substance contained in the Cefoprox 100 mg tablets.
What is Cefoprox 100 mg (Cefpodoxime Proxetil) used for?
- Sinusitis – It is an inflammation of a nasal sinus.
- Community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) – It is called as pneumonia contracted by a person with little contact with the healthcare system.
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs) - UTI is also called as, acute cystitis and bladder infection. It is an infection that affects the urinary tract.
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STD) - These are commonly spread by sex, especially vaginal intercourse, oral sex, and anal sex.
- Pharyngitis- It is an inflammation of the pharynx, causing a sore throat.
- Acute otitis media- It is a type of an ear infection. It is a painful ear infection in which the middles ear becomes inflamed and infected.
- Furunculosis and other skin structure infections. Furunculosis is the repeated, or simultaneous occurrence of boils in the skin. It is also called as, a bacterial disease of trout, and salmon.
- Uncomplicated skin and skin structure infections (SSSI). SSSI is an infection of the skin and is associated soft tissues.
How does Cefoprox 100 mg work?
The drug inhibits cell wall synthesis by hindering the final transpeptidation step of peptidoglycan synthesis in cell walls. To treat your bacterial infections, buy Cefoprox 100 mg online.
What are the different doses of Cefoprox (Cefpodoxime Proxetil)?
Cefoprox is available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 100 mg strength. You can buy Cefoprox 100 mg online at unbeatable price.
How should Cefoprox 100 mg be taken?
- The drug is present in the form of tablets. You may take the drug with, or without a meal. Swallow the medicine with an adequate amount of water.
- Take the tablet exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Do not alter the dosage plan.
- The recommended dose range of Cefpodoxime Proxetil is 100 to 400 mg. It is to be taken twice in a day.
- The dose regimen varies from patient to patient; it depends on the age, weight, and condition of the patients.
- Take Cefoprox tablets strictly according to your doctor’s instruction. Do not alter the dosage plan unless your physician advises you to do so.
- Take the medicine regularly to get the best results.
- To help you remember, take the tablets at the same time, each day.
- In some cases, the condition may become worse when the intake of the medicine is stopped suddenly. Your dose may need to be slowly decreased.
- Overdose: Seek medical attention immediately, in the case of an overdose of Cefoprox.
- Take the tablets for as long as your physician recommends.
Missed dose of Cefoprox 100 mg
If you have forgotten a dose, take it as soon you remember and go back to your usual dosing schedule. If the time to take the next dose is near, leave the forgotten dose and take the next dose. Do not double the dose to compensate the forgotten one.
What are the side effects of Cefoprox 100 mg (Cefpodoxime Proxetil)?
Like other medicines, Cefoprox 100 mg may cause adverse effects. Seek medical attention, in case the given troubles arise:
- Stomach related problems
- Yellowing of the skin and eyes
- Swollen glands
- Stiffed muscles and joints
- Bloody diarrhea
- Swollen face, tongue, lips, and throat
- Painful sores
What medications interact with Cefoprox 100 mg (Cefpodoxime Proxetil)?
Avoid consuming Cefpodoxime Proxetil, if you are taking the medicines that are given below:
- IV antibiotic drugs
- Bacterial vaccines
- Drugs used for the treatment of ulcerative colitis
Tell the doctor before consuming Cefpodoxime Proxetil:
- If you are hypersensitive to the drug, or its components
- If you are suffering from liver diseases
- If you are suffering from kidney diseases
- If you are suffering from colitis
- If you have allergies to food, medicines, and other substances
- If you are a woman of childbearing potential. You should discuss the positives and negatives of taking Cefpodoxime Proxetil, at the time of pregnancy
- Breastfeeding women are advised not to take Cefpodoxime Proxetil as it may pass into the breast milk and harm the nursing baby
- The drug may cause dizziness. Do not drive, or use machinery, while taking Cefpodoxime Proxetil as these activities may require a high degree of mental attention
- Do not forget to see the expiry date of the product.
- Store the tablets in a dry place and out of the direct light.
- It should be stored at a room temperature.
- Place the medicine away from infants.
- Do not share your medicines with your near and dear ones.
- Always keep the written record of your medications.
- Always keep the tablets in its original pack only.