Ciprofloxacin, the active ingredient of Ciplox 500 mg, falls into the fluoroquinolones group of antibiotics.
Ciplox 500 mg Tablets (Ciprofloxacin)
The active ingredient contained in Ciplox 500 mg tablets is Ciprofloxacin, which belongs to a group of antibiotic drugs called fluoroquinolones. Ciprofloxacin is useful in treating an array of bacterial infections including pneumonia, sinuses, skin, abdomen, and bone infections and, urinary tract infections. It can also be used to treat typhoid fever and some forms of infectious diarrhoea. People who have been earlier exposed to anthrax can be treated with this drug. This commonly used medication is available under many brand names and in several different forms.
Ciplox 500 general information
What is Ciplox 500 used for?
Ciprofloxacin, the active ingredient of Ciplox 500 mg, falls into the fluoroquinolones group of antibiotics. This drug is useful in combating a large number of bacterial infections including infections of the skin, sinuses, respiratory tract, abdomen and, bone. It is useful in treating infections which cause pneumonia or bronchitis and people who have had been ill with anthrax sometime earlier.
How does Ciplox 500 work?
Ciplox 500 comprises of the active ingredient Ciprofloxacin, which is an antibiotic of the class fluoroquinolones. Ciprofloxacin restrains the growth of bacteria and kills them. The active ingredient of this drug enters the bacterial cell and interferes in the replication of it’s genetic material. This hinders the growth and spread of the bacteria.
Where to buy Ciplox 500 mg tablets online?
Ciplox 500 mg tablets are available to our clients at affordable rates. Shop for Ciplox 500 mg tablets online from premiumrxdrugs.com.
What does Ciplox 500 mg tablets contain?
Ciplox 500 mg tablets consist chiefly of Ciprofloxacin as the active ingredient. The active constituent is an antibiotic agent. Each tablet holds 500 mg of Ciprofloxacin.
What are the side effects of Ciplox 500?
The most general side effects of Ciplox 500 include:
- trouble sleeping
Tell your doctor if any of these effects stay for long or worsen. Remember that your doctor has prescribed this drug to you because he or she has evaluated that the drug delivers more benefits than risks or side-effects.
Notify your doctor immediately if you have any of the following serious side effects:
- sun sensitivity or skin that sunburns more easily
- abnormal bruising or bleeding
- signs of a new infection including new or persistent fever, constantly sore throat
- strange change in the amount of urine or change in colour of urine (red/pink)
- indications of liver problems including persistent nausea or vomiting, unusual tiredness, abdominal/stomach pain, yellowing of eyes or skin, dark coloured urine.
- tremors (shaking), fast or irregular heartbeat, mental/mood changes including anxiety, depression, confusion, hallucinations, rare thoughts of suicide.
What medications interact with Ciplox 500?
- Some drugs that may result into a drug interaction with Ciplox 500 include blood thinners (such as Warfarin, aenocoumarol) and strontium.
- This drug may slow down the elimination of other drugs from the body, which may affect their working. Examples of affected medications are tizanidine, duloxetine, pirfenidone, tasimelteon, among others.
- If you take this drug, avoid beverages and products containing caffeine (such as tea, coffee, chocolates) should be avoided as it may increase the effects of caffeine.
- This medication may affect the effectiveness of hormonal birth control methods and result in pregnancy.
- Always consult your doctor before starting or stopping the dosage of Ciplox 500.
When should Ciplox 500 not be used?
- Do not use this medication if you are also taking tizanidine (stomach acid reducer).
- Patients with a history of myasthenia gravis and any muscle disorder may not be able to use this drug.
- Stop taking this medication and call your doctor as soon as you experience sudden pain, swelling, tenderness, stiffness, bruising, or problem in moving your joints.
How long should you use Ciplox 500?
Ciplox 500 should be used for as long as the doctor recommends and instructs.
Missed dose of Ciplox 500?
In case you miss a dose of this drug, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it’s almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and tag along your regular dosing schedule. Do not compensate for the missed dose.
How should Ciplox 500 be stored?
This medication should be stored at room temperature. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep it away from the reach of children and pets. Discard the unused dosage as per instructed by the doctor or physician.