Cipmox CV 625 - (500+125) mg
|Generic Name||Amoxicillin 500 + clavulanic Acid 125 mg|
Cipmox CV 625 mg (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic Acid)
Cipmox CV is an antibacterial medication, which has been formulated to treat a wide variety range of infections. It is one of the most widely used antibiotics available for therapeutic use, particularly in the management of respiratory tract infections. The bacterial infections of skin, lungs, ears, and urinary tract can be treated using this medicine. The medicine is a combination of two active components namely Amoxicillin and clavulanic acid.
Note that the antibacterial agents are not meant to fight viral infections like cold, flu, etc.
What is Cipmox CV used for?
Cipmox CV is useful in treating a variety of infections including:
- Skin and skin structure infections
- Otitis media
- Genitourinary tract infections
How does Cipmox CV work?
The combination medication works by adhering to bacterial cell wall, causing cell death. It exerts its bactericidal action against susceptible bacteria.
Where to buy Cipmox CV online?
Buy Cimpmox CV 625 mg from premiumrxdrugs.com because this trusted online drugstore provides fast shipping and customer satisfaction. Click on to premiumrxdrugs.com to get your antibacterial medication at an affordable rate as compared to another online pharmacy.
What does Cipmox CV contain?
Cipmox CV contains Amoxicillin and clavulanic acid as the two active ingredients that have been mixed to provide a potent broad spectrum of antibacterial activity.
What are the side effects of Cipmox CV?
- Gastrointestinal disorders- diarrhea, nausea, hepatic dysfunction, diarrhea, vomiting, pseudomembranous colitis
- Dermatological issues- urticaria, rash
- Central nervous system disorders- seizures
- Hematological issues- blood dyscrasias
- Miscellaneous issues- allergic reactions such as superinfection, serum sickness
What medications interact with Cipmox CV?
- Concurrent use with probenecid may decrease renal excretion.
- The combination drug may increase the effect of warfarin.
- Coadministration of allopurinol with Cipmox CV may cause a rash.
- This medicine may reduce the effectiveness of hormonal contraceptive pills.
How should Cipmox CV be used?
- For the treatment of most infections in adults and children above 40 kg weight, the recommended dose is 250 mg that needs to be taken every 8 hours or 500 mg every 12 hours.
- Serious infections and respiratory tract infections:
For adults and children above 40 kg of weight- The suggested dose is 500 mg every 8 hours.
For acute bacterial sinusitis- 2000 mg is the preferred dose that must be taken every 12 hours for ten days.
For the treatment of community acquired pneumonia- The recommended dose is 2000 mg every 12 hours for 7 to 10 days.
- Recurrent or persistent acute otitis media:
The recommended dose for children less than 40 kg weight is 80 to 90 mg/kg daily, which should be given in divided doses every 12 hours for ten days.
- Renal impairment:
For the treatment of adults, 250 to 500 mg every 12 hour is the preferred dose.
- Lower respiratory tract infections, otitis media, sinusitis, serious infections:
For the treatment of children above three months old- The recommended dose is 45 mg/kg daily divided every 12 hours to 40 mg/kg daily divided every 8 hours.
- Less serious infections:
To treat children above three months of age-25 mg/kg daily divided every 12 hours or 20 mg/kg daily divided every 8 hours.
For children, less than three months of age- 15 mg/kg every 12 hour is the preferred dose.
To decrease gastrointestinal effects, take it at the start of the meal. It should not be taken with high-fat meals.
When should Cipmox CV not be used?
- Cipmox CV is not suitable for patients with known hypersensitivity to clavulanate or penicillins.
- It should not be used in patients with a history of Clavulanate and Amoxicillin associated cholestatic jaundice.
Exercise caution in the following condition:
- Hepatic impairment
- Infectious mononucleosis
- Severe renal insufficiency
How long should Cipmox CV be used?
Continue taking the combination tablets for as long as they are prescribed to you.
Missed dose of Cipmox CV
In case, you miss a dose of this combination drug, take it if the time to take the next dose is far enough otherwise leave that dose and take your next scheduled dose. Avoid doubling up on doses; instead just carry on with your normal dosing regimen.
How should Cipmox CV be stored?
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children
- Store it at room temperature
- Avoid storing it in the bathroom or kitchen to keep them away from heat and moisture