Climara 3.8 mg
Climara 3.8 patches are made up of an active pharmaceutical ingredient Estradiol, active form of hormone estrogen. After applying the patches on the skin, estradiol distributing through the skin and into the blood, offering a dose of 3.8 mg daily.
|Manufacturer||Bayer Schering Pharma|
Climara - 3.8 mg (Estradiol)
Estradiol is the active ingredient present in Climara 3.8 mg. The medicine is used mainly for the treatment of menopausal symptoms such as vaginal dryness, hot flashes, irritation, and burning. It is considered as estrogen type of medication.
Estradiol general information
What is Climara used for?
Estradiol present in Climara is a type of estrogen produced by the ovaries. It is a female sex hormone. There are several processes in the body for which it is required. Though primarily for treatment of menopausal symptoms, it is also used for osteoporosis, replacement of estrogen, treatment of some type of cancer in women and men etc.
How does Climara work?
Climara 3.8 patches are made up of an active pharmaceutical ingredient Estradiol, active form of hormone estrogen. After applying the patches on the skin, estradiol distributing through the skin and into the blood, offering a dose of 3.8 mg daily. The ovaries (female reproductive organs) are the chief source of estrogen from your body. The adrenal glands present in the kidney also make small amount of this hormone. Estrogen functions everywhere in the body. The hormone adheres to receptors present in estrogen responsive cells and regulate the pituitary secretion of LH and FSH. Estrogens reduced the level of these hormones in postmenopausal women.
Where to buy Climara online?
Climara 3.8 patches are available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com. Buy Climara 3.8 mg patches online at an absolute lowest price.
What does Climara contain?
Climara contains the active pharmaceutical ingredient Estradiol, a female sex hormone produced by the ovaries. Each patch contains 3.8 mg of Estradiol.
What are the side effects of Climara online?
Some common side effects of the medication include
- Stomach upset
- Breast tenderness
- Weight changes
Some serious side effects of Estradiol include:
- Mood change
- Unusual vaginal bleeding
- Breast lumps
- Vaginal irritation, odour, discharge or itching
- Severe abdominal or stomach pain
- Yellowing skin or eyes
- Persistent vomiting or nausea
- Swelling in limbs
In case of serious side effects it is essential to get medical attention immediately. If the common and not so severe side effects stay for long period of time, you should consult a doctor too.
What medications interact with Climara online?
Some drugs which may interact with Estradiol are
- St John’s wort
The above list is not the complete list of drugs that may interact with Climara. It is best to ask your doctor for a complete list of drugs that may interact with Estradiol. You can even provide him with the information about the current medicines that you are taking presently to understand if it interacts with Estradiol.
When should Climara not be used?
- The medicine is contraindicated in people who have an allergy to the ingredients.
- Do not take Estradiol and consult a doctor immediately if you have abnormal and unusual vaginal bleeding, breast or uterine cancer, liver disease, incident of heart attack, hormone related cancer or if you are allergic to it.
- The medicine is also not recommended in case you are breast feeding your baby as it may harm the new born.
How should Climara be used?
- Estradiol dose will be given to you after your doctor examines you thoroughly. The dosage may depend on several factors such as complexity of situation, age, allergies and other conditions.
- Estradiol would be administered exactly as per doctor's instruction. The course should not be altered also it should not be taken for more than the prescribed period. Some time along with Estradiol a course of progestin is also prescribed.
- Regular physical checkups and mammograms is must when taking Estradiol. Self examination of breasts should also be done at regular intervals for any symptoms of lumps.
- In case hysterectomy has not been performed on you, the doctor may prescribe Progestin along with Estradiol so that risk of uterine cancer is decreased.
- Let your doctor know in case you are suffering from high blood pressure, diabetes, triglycerides or high cholesterol, if you smoke or you are overweight.
- Estradiol being a pregnancy category X drug can cause harm to the baby. Hence, let the doctor know in advance if you are pregnant or trying to be pregnant.
- Overdose of Estradiol can result in vomiting, nausea, and vaginal bleeding. In case of such problems medical attention must be sought immediately.
How long should you use Climara?
Climara should be used only for prescribed period of time as prolong intake of it may increase the risk of ovarian, breast or uterine cancer.
Missed dose of Climara?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, the missed dose should be skipped if it is almost near to the next dose.
How long Climara be stored?
The medicine should be stored in a cool and dark place away from heat and also away from children.