Out Of Stock
Leukeran 2 mg (Chlorambucil)
Leukeran is formulated for certain kinds of cancer. It specifically used to treat lymphoma and chronic lymphocytic leukemia. The active ingredient of the medicine is Chlorambucil, a chemotherapeutic agent, which acts by reducing the number of abnormal cells your body makes. It is a tablet made to administer orally. The medicine can be used alone or in combination with other agents. It has the potential to suppress the immune system in conditions where this effect is desirable.
Leukeran general information
What is Leukeran used for?
Leukeran is used for the management of the certain type of cancers which are as follows:
- Chronic lymphatic leukemia
- Hodgkins disease
- Malignant lymphoma
This anticancer drug can be used as a monotherapy or along with other agents to affect the growth of abnormal cells in the body.
How does Leukeran work?
Leukeran’s active component is Chlorambucil, which works by interfering with cellular protein synthesis. The action results in the death of rapidly replacing cells, particularly cancer cells.
Where to buy Leukeran online?
Leukeran tablets are available to buy online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 2 mg strength. Buy Leukeran 2 mg online far cheaper than other local pharmacies along with the fast delivery option.
What does Leukeran contain?
Leukeran comprises of an active component Chlorambucil, which acts as a bifunctional alkylating agent and is made to treat certain blood cancers and lymphatic system cancers. Each tablet delivers 2 mg of the beneficial component to the patient.
What are the side effects of Leukeran?
- Gastrointestinal disorders: stomatitis, nausea
- Hematological issues: thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, anemia
- Diseases of the respiratory tract: pulmonary fibrosis
- Dermatological issues: rash, alopecia, dermatitis
- Metabolic disorders: hyperuricemia
- Miscellaneous problems: recurrence of cancer, allergic reactions
What medications interact with Leukeran?
You should inform your physician about each and every medicine when you are prescribed with Leukeran 2 mg. You are supposed to notify your physician about every medication, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, herbal supplements, and vitamins. This product has many components that may have the potential to interact with other medicines, so it is important to inform your physician about all the medicine you take. If you are using drugs given below surely inform the physician:
- Bone marrow depressants
- Immunosuppressant agents
- Live virus vaccines
When should Leukeran not be taken?
- Leukeran is not suitable for patients who have been demonstrated hypersensitivity to Chlorambucil or other inactive ingredients of the medicine.
- It should not be taken by nursing mothers as it can cause fetal harm. Avoid becoming pregnant during the treatment.
Use the medicine carefully in the following conditions:
- Geriatric patients
- Other chronic debilitating diseases
How should Leukeran be taken?
- The suggested dose is 0.1 to 0.2 mg/kg body weight for 2 to 6 weeks as required. It can be given in a single daily dose. The dose titration should be done carefully according to the response and condition of the patient and must be reduced as soon as sudden fall in the WBC counts is detected.
- Regular monitoring for bone marrow depression should be done.
- A test should be performed for daily intake and output ratios and body weight periodically. Notify your if significant changes occur.
- Assess for symptoms of gout. Patients are advised to consume at least two liters of water every day. Allopurinol can be administered to lower uric acid level.
- Patients are advised to avoid crowded places with known infections. If symptoms of an infection occur, immediately inform your physician. Theses symptoms may include lower back pain, chills, sore throat, painful urination, and rashes.
- Patients are instructed not to receive any vaccinations without consulting the physician.
How long should Leukeran be taken?
Continue taking Leukeran 2 mg for as long as your physician recommends. Take your medicine at the same time each day as this will help you to remember to take it regularly. Rememebr the medicine dose not cure the condition therefore can be prescribed for a longer period.
Missed dose of Leukeran
If you miss a dose of Leukeran 2 mg, then consume that dose as soon as you notice, but if you are close to the time for your next dose then leave the missed dose and take your next dose on time.
How should Leukeran be stored?
- Keep the tablets in a dry place away from the direct sunlight and heat
- Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets
- Store the medication at room temperature in a cool and dry place