Cytomid 250 mg
Cytomid 250 mg (Flutamide)
Cytomid 250 mg tablets contain Flutamide, a nonsteroidal anti-androgen agent used to treat prostate cancer. Cytomid treats prostate cancer by hindering the effects of testosterone and other androgens.
What is Cytomid used for?
Cytomid may be used alone or along with another medicine (luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone antagonists) in the treatment of prostate, cancer. It is an- anti-androgen medicine that stops the growth of the tumor and also shrinks it.
Prostate cancer is the cancer of the prostate gland. It is a gland present in the male reproductive system.
How does Cytomid work?
Cytomid contains Flutamide, which belongs to a group of medicines called non-steroidal anti-androgens. Flutamide completely blocks dihydrotestosterone binding at androgen receptors, forming inactive complexes, which cannot translocate into the cell nucleus. Formation of inactive receptors hinders androgen-dependent DNA and protein synthesis, resulting in tumor cell growth arrest.
What are the different doses of Cytomid?
Cytomid tablets are available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 250 mg strength. You can buy Cytomid 250 mg online at unbeatable price.
What does Cytomid contain?
Cytomid 250 mg tablets contain the active substance Flutamide; a competitive receptor antagonist, works by blocking the effects of testosterone, thereby inhibiting the growth and spreading of the tumor in the prostate gland.
What are the side effects of Cytomid?
Tell your doctor, if you do not feel well while consuming Cytomid tablets.
All drugs can have undesired side effects. Sometimes they are severe, most of the time they are not. You may require medical help if you get some of the adverse reactions. Inform your doctor, if you notice any of the following and they worry you.
- Breathing difficulty
- Swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Liver damage
- Loss of appetite
- Flu symptoms
- Yellow skin or eyes
- Clay-colored stools
- Dark urine
- Unusual fatigue
- Abdominal pain
These are the most common adverse effects of Cytomid.
Tell your doctor immediately, if you experience:
- Skin Rash
- Decreased sperm count
- Bloody urine
- Rectal bleeding or inflammation.
The list of the adverse effects listed above is not complete. If you suffer from any of these or any other unwanted effects, please inform your doctor.
What medications interact with Cytomid 250 mg?
Please tell your doctor, if you are consuming any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription. Your doctor or pharmacist may wish to alter your dose, if you are consuming any of the following.
- Testosterone (patch, injection, gel)
- Anabolic steroids
These drugs may be affected by Cytomid or may affect how well Cytomid works. You may need a different amount of medicines, or you may need to consume different medicines. You doctor has more information on drugs to be careful with or avoid while consuming Cytomid.
When should Cytomid 250 mg not be used?
Do not take Cytomid 250 mg, if you are allergic to Flutamide or to any ingredients contained in the cytomid tablets.
How should Cytomid 250 mg be taken?
- The recommended dosage is one Cytomid tablet three times daily at intervals of eight hours.
- In combination with an LHRH agonist, Cytomid tablets should be started 24 hours before the initiation of LHRH agonist, to achieve the benefit of the combination therapy.
- In localised prostatic cancer, administration of Cytomid and an LHRH agonist should start eight weeks before radiation therapy and continue through the course of radiation therapy. Before radical prostatectomy, Cytomid should be administered for three months.
- Do not skip doses or stop using Cytomid tablets suddenly. Stopping the medicine suddenly may make your condition worse.
- You should only take the number of tablets that you have been told. Visit your nearest medical centre immediately, if you think that you have taken too many Cytomid tablets by mistake. An accidental overdose of Flutamide may cause side effects like dizziness, decreased activity, loss of appetite, sedation, vomiting, goosebumps, watery eyes and shortness of breath.
- The dose regimen may differ from the information contained in this document. In the case of any confusion, please consult your doctor.
How long should you take Cytomid 250 mg?
Continue taking these tablets regularly every day for as long as your doctor recommends you. Cytomid helps to control your condition, but does not cure it. It is necessary to keep taking these tablets even if you feel well. Do not stop consuming this medicine without consulting with your doctor first.
Missed dose of Cytomid 250 mg
In case, you forget to take the dose and if it is less than 2-4 hours left for the next dose, leave the missed one and take the next dose at the recommended time. Do not double up the dose for the missed one.
How should Cytomid 250 mg be stored?
- Keep it out of the reach of children and away from pets. Avoid exposure to light, moisture, and heat.
- Do not place your tablets in the bathroom or near a sink.
- Do not take any medicine after the expiry date, which is mentioned on the carton.
- Always keep the medicine in the original package.