Duovir- N (150?�)mg
|Generic For||Duovir- N|
|Generic Name||Lamivudine, Nevirapine and Zidovudine|
Duovir- N (150?�) (Lamivudine, Nevirapine, and Zidovudine)
Duovir-N is a fixed-dose combination of three drugs commonly used in the management of human deficiency syndrome virus (HIV). Both lamivudine and zidovudine come under the category of drugs called antiretroviral drugs (ARV) while Nevirapine is a non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI). These three drugs can also be used separately with other drugs for combination treatment of HIV or can be used together. The administration of Duovir-N reduces the ability of the virus to replicate, and they can thus reduce the damage that the HIV does over time to an individual’s defense system and other vital organs. The medicine does not eliminate or cure your HIV, but can control it. Patients receiving ART are less susceptible to opportunistic infections malignancies, and other health issues.
What is Duovir- N used for?
Duovir- N is a medicine useful in treating HIV infection. It helps prevent the virus from reproducing and spreading further. Remember, it may improve your condition, but is not a cure for HIV infection. HIV is a disease spread by unprotected sexual contact or contact with blood with an infected individual.
How does Duovir- N work?
The medicine reduces the amount of HIV in your body and keeps it at a low level. Its administration also increases the CD4 count. These CD4 cells play a significant role in maintaining a healthy immune system to fight against infections.
Where to buy Duovir- N online?
The medicine can be purchased from premiumrxdrugs.com; an online medical store is one of the most trusted and reliable online medical pharmacies. Here, the medicine can be availed only with a physician’s instructions.
What does Duovir- N contain?
The medicine has three active ingredients, namely Lamivudine, Zidovudine, and Nevirapine. All the three drugs work to prevent the replication of HIV.
What are the side effects of Duovir- N?
Major side effects of the medicine include a decrease in the blood cells, muscle pain, weight loss, rash, nausea, headache, cough, liver enlargement, and muscle breakdown.
Get immediate medical attention in case of these symptoms troubles you.
What medications interact with Duovir- N?
These are some medicines that can affect the action of Duovir-N. The following are the ones that should not be taken with this combination drug:
- St. John’s wort
The drugs that can affect the mode of action of Duovir-N are listed below:
- Antifungal medicine like Fluconazole
- Oral contraceptive pills
- Anticonvulsants like valproic acid, phenytoin
- Anticancer drug like doxorubicin
- Warfarin, a medicine used to prevent blood clots
- Antimalarials like lumefantrine, artemisinines, atovaquone, quinine, artesunate, halofantrine
- Antibiotics like rifabutin, clarithromycin
When should Duovir- N not be used?
- Do not take this combination drug if you are hypersensitive to Lamivudine, Zidovudine, Nevirapine, other inactive components of the medication.
- It should not be administered to patients with a very low blood count or low white blood cell count.
- The medicine is not suitable for patients who are suffering from permanent liver disorder or marked changes in liver function.
- Avoid taking it if you have ever suffered from liver inflammation, severe skin reaction or liver problem while taking nevirapine containing products.
How should Duovir- N be taken?
The medicine can be taken before or after consuming food. The recommended dose in adults and children with a body weight of 25 kg or ore is one tablet two times a day. It should not be given to children weighing less than 25 kg since appropriate dose reductions can be made by the physician.
If you have renal disorders, then your physician will reduce your dose that suits your condition. Your physician can also change your combination drug to separate formulations of zidovudine, lamivudine, and nevirapine, which are available in the form of capsules, tablets, or liquid suspensions.
How long should you take Duovir- N?
Because Duovir-N control and doses, cure your problem, you will need to consume it continuously. You are not advised to discontinue the treatment unless your physician tells you to.
Missed dose of Duovir-N
If you accidently miss a dose of Duovir-N and notice within six hours, you can take the forgotten dose as soon as possible. After this, continue with your normal dosing schedule. In case, you notice later, then simply leave the missed pill and take the next dose on time. You are not supposed to double up the dose to compensate the missed combination pill.
How should Duovir- N be stored?
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets
- Store it at controlled room temperature
- Keep it away from direct sun rays and moisture