Efavir 200 mg
Efavir 200 mg (Efavirenz) is a prescription Human Immunodeficiency Virus type 1 (HIV-1) drug, used to treat in adults and in children, who are at least three months old and weigh at least 3.5 kg.
Efavir 200 mg (Efavirenz)
Efavir 200 mg (Efavirenz) belongs to a class of drugs called reverse transcriptase inhibitors, which also includes Zalcitabine, Zidovudine, didanosine, and lamivudine. It belongs to a subclass of reverse transcriptase inhibitors, referred to as non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors that include nevirapine and delavirdine. It is always taken in combination with other HIV drugs, to treat infections with Human deficiency (HIV). The name of the medicine is Efavir, and it contains Efavirenz as an active ingredient. The drug is safe and effective in children younger than three months and who weigh less than 3.5 kg.
What is Efavir 200 mg (Efavirenz) used for?
Efavir 200 mg (Efavirenz) is a prescription Human Immunodeficiency Virus type 1 (HIV-1) drug, used to treat in adults and in children, who are at least three months old and weigh at least 3.5 kg. Human Immunodeficiency virus is a virus that causes Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome or AIDS. The medicine stops HIV from multiplying but does not cure the disease.
Buy Efavir 200 mg online to treat HIV infection.
How does Efavir work?
Efavir stop HIV from multiplying, by preventing the reverse transcriptase enzyme from working. The enzyme changes HIV’s genetic material (RNA) into the form of DNA. The step has to take place before HIV’s genetic code gets inserted into an infected cell’s genetic codes.
What are the different doses of Efavir?
Efavir is available to order online from premiumrxdrugs.com in 200 mg strength. You can buy Efavir 200 mg online at unbeatable price.
How should Efavir 200 mg be taken?
- Efavir 200 mg comes in the form of capsule. Swallow the capsule with a glass of water.
- To treat adults and adolescents who weigh 40 kg or more: The recommended dose of Efavirenz is one 600 mg capsule every day, ideally at bedtime. Taking the drug at bedtime reduces the risk of having side effects.
- Take the capsule when you are empty stomach, or take it with low-calorie food.
- To treat patients who weigh less than 40 kg: An oral solution or capsule containing a small amount of Efavirenz can be used.
- Take the tablet exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Do not alter the dosage plan.
- Overdose: Seek medical attention immediately, in the case of an overdose of Efavirenz.
Missed dose of Efavir 200 mg
If you have forgotten a dose, take it as soon you remember and go back to your usual dosing schedule. If the time to take the next dose is near, leave the forgotten dose and take the next dose. Do not double up the dose to compensate the missed one.
- Take the capsule for as long as your doctor recommended.
What are the side effects of Efavir 200 mg?
Like other medicines, Efavir 200 mg may cause adverse effects. Seek medical attention, in case the following troubles arise:
- Concentration troubles
- Unusual dreams
- Trouble sleeping
Some adverse effects of Efavir 200 mg can be serious. Visit the doctor immediately, in the following situations.
- Severe depression
- Suicidal thoughts
- Severe depression
- Extreme fear
What medications interact with Efavir 200 mg?
The following medicines should be avoided, in case doctor recommends you Efavirenz to avoid possible drug interactions.
Tell the doctor before consuming Efavir:
- If you are hypersensitive to the drug, or its components
- If you are taking alcohol beverages
- If you are going for surgery, or a dental surgery
- If you have or ever had depression, seizures, high cholesterol, or other mental problems, or liver, pancreas or heart disease
- The drug may cause dizziness. Do not drive or use machinery, while taking Efavirenz as these activities may require a high degree of mental attention
- If you are pregnant or intending to become pregnant. You should discuss the benefits and risks of taking Efavir capsules during pregnancy. Breastfeeding women are advised not to take Efavirenz as it may pass into breast milk and harm the nursing baby
- Do not consume alcohol while using Efavirenz, as with all antihistamine drugs
- The medicine is not intended to use in children aged under two years
- Do not forget to see the expiry date of the product.
- Keep the drug reach out of children.
- It should not be given to anybody, even if they have the same problems.
- Always keep the written record of your medications.