|Generic Name||Megestrol Acetate|
Endace 40mg (Megestrol Acetate)
Endace is a progesterone derivative, prescribed for the treatment of breast cancer, prostate, endometrial cancer, and other conditions such as endometriosis. It is also indicated to treat severe weight loss and appetite loss in patients with acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). The medicine contains the active ingredient Megestrol acetate, which comes under the category of progestogens. It helps to treat cancer by affecting hormones that are involved in the growth of cancer. There may be other additional uses of Endace, consult with your physician for more information.
What is Endace used for?
Endace 40 mg is a synthetic medicine, which is prescribed by the physicians to increase appetite and weigh in patients with AIDS. The medicine is also recommended for use in patients with hormone dependent cancer such as breast, endometrial cancer, and prostate cancer.
How does Endace work?
Endace 40 mg contains the active substance Megetrol acetate, a progesterone derivative with progestational and antigonadotropic effects. The anti-tumor activity of the phsrmaceutical agent on breast cancer is stillnot known. Howevere it appears to compete for progesterone, glucocorticoid receptors and androgen as well as pituitary functions.
Where to buy Endace online?
You can buy Endace 40 mg online on premiumrxdrugs.com at a very reliable price as compared to any other online or local pharmacy store.
What does Endace contain?
Endace is made up of Megestrol acetate (active ingredient). It is available as scored tablets containing 40 mg, supplied in a pack of 30, 60, and 90 tablets.
What are the side effects of Endace?
- Weight gain is a frequent side effect of Endace 40mg. The gain has been associated with increased appetite and is caused by an increase in fat nad body cell mass.
- Thromboembolic phenumonia including thrombophelebitis and pulmonary embolism may occur.
- Other side effects such a nausea, edema, vomiting, dyspenia, heart failure, hot flashes, paom, alopecia, asthenia, flatulence, impotence, diarrhea, sweating mood changes, and breakthrough uterine bleeding have been reported.
- Constipation and urinary frequency have also been noticed in patients who received high doses of Endace.
- Cases of new onset of diabetes, overt cushing’s syndrome, and glucose intolerance, may been observed in patients with the chronic use of the medicine.
What medications interact with Endace?
Concomitant use of Endace 40mg with the following medicines can affect the working and effectiveness of Endace:
- Effiacy of Indinavir may be reduced
- Possible reduced effectiveness of Cisplatin
- The half life or Warfarin may be increased
- The concentration of Endace may be decrease by by taking aminoglutethimide and enzyme-inducing drugs.
When should Endace not be used?
- Endace 40 mg is not meant for use during pregnancy. Women of child bearing potential should be advised to avoid becoming pregnant during the treatment.
- It should not be used in patients who are allergic to Megestrol acetate or any of the excepients.
How should Endace be taken?
The correct dosage of Endace 40 mg caries depending on the severity of the condition and the patient being treated. Do not self adjust your dose. Strictly follow all the instructions provided by the physician.
How long should you take Endace?
The Endace 40 mg dose should be used as directly recommended by your physician.
Missed dose of Endace?
In case if you miss a dose of Endace 40mg, take the dose as soon as you notice. If you are close to the time for your next dose, wait until then and then take your medicine. Never consume or use extra medicine to make up for a dosage that you have missed.
If you are regularly missing doses, consider setting an alarm or asking a family member to remind you. Please consult your physician to discuss changes in schedule or a new schedule to make up for missed medicines, if you have missed too many doses in the current time of medication.
How should Endace be stored?
Endace 40 should be stored:
- Away from direct sun and light
- Away from the reach and sight of children
- In its original packet until time to take them off
- Awy from the window sill as heat and dampness can destroy some medicines