Entacom 200 mg (Entacapone)
Entacom is available in the form of tablets containing 200 mg Entacapone as the active constituent. Entacapone is known as an inhibitor of caetchol-O-methltransferase (COMT). It is used in combination with other medications for the treatment of Parkinson’s syndrome. Entacom along with two drugs namely carbidopa and levodopa have a longer effect in the brain and helps reduces parkinson’s symptoms for a longer period than levodopa and carbidopa treatment alone. The administration of this combination stops the activity of COMT and metabolization of levodopa, which leads to an overall increase of levodopa remaining in the body.
What is Entacom used for?
Entacom 200 mg is is used as an adjunct to carbidopa and levodopa to treat signs and symtoms of parkinson’s disease (PD) such as stiffness and muscle spasms. This three drugs combination is indicated in the treatment of patients with PD who experience the signs of end-of-dose wearing off.
How does Entacom work?
Entacom 200 mg comprises of the beneficial substance Entacapone, which is a potent inhibitor of COMT. The active ingredient works by blocking the activity of enzyme that breaks down levodopa, which in results helps levodopa effects to last longer for a greater length of time as well as prevents the fading effect before the patient consumes the next dose.
Where to buy Entacom online?
Buy Entacom 200 mg online from premiumrxdrugs.com, the most reliable online pharmacy store. The medicine is available as tablets to our clients, at an absolute lowest price as compare to other local and online pharmacies.
What does Entacom contain?
Entacom for oral administration is supplied as 200 mg film-coated tablets. Each tablet contains 200 mg of Entacapone.
What are the side effects of Entacom?
- Very common side effects related to the usage of Entacom 200 mg are nausea, abnormal urine, and dyskenia. These symptoms may be more common with the higher doses as compare to the lower doses of the medicine.
- Some of the common adverse effects include dry mouth, diarrhea, constipation, headache, dizziness, leg cramps, postural hypotension, insomnia, dystonia, hallucinations, paroniria fall, vertigo, confusion, and tremor.
- Most of the unwanted effects of this medicine are associated with the increased dopaminergic activity and usually occurs at the starting of the treatment. However, if the levodopa dosage will be reduced, the severity and frequency of these effects may also decrease.
- The other major class of adverse reactions are gastrointestinal effects such as nausea with vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhea, and constipation. The color of the urine may also appear reddish brown by Entacom, but this is not a harmful condition for a PD patient.
- A slight reduction in erythrocyte count and haemoglobin have also been reported during the treatment with Entacapone.
What medications interact with Entacom?
No interaction of Entacapone with carbidopa has been reported. However, concomitant use of Entacom 200 mg with several drugs, including antidepressants, desipramine, venlafaxine, maprotiline, MAO-A inhibitors, and products that are metabolized by COMT is still limited therefore, caution should be taken when Entacom is administered wih these drugs. You should always tell your physician about all the medicines that you use during the treatment with Entacom.
When should Entacom not be used?
- Entacom 200 mg should not be used in patients with a history of neurolepric malignant syndrome.
- It is not meant for use in patients with hepatic impairment.
- It should not be taken by patients with known hypersensitivity to Entacapone or other inactive ingredients of the formulation.
- The medicine is not suitable for patients with phenochromocytoma because of the rasied chance of hypertensive crisis.
How should Entacom be taken?
Entacom should only be administered in combination with carbidopa and levodopa. The maximum recommended dose is 200 mg ten times per day. The medicine increases the effects of levodopa, therefore to reduce these effects, there is a need of adjustment of levodopa dosage within in the first days to first seven days after starting the treatment with Entacom. If you have any doubt related to the usage of the drug please contact your physician. Always follow your physician’s instructions as the dosage of the medicine depends on the severity and condition being treated.
How long should you take Entacom?
The Entacom 200 mg dose should be used as directly recommended by your physician.
Missed dose of Entacom?
If you forget or miss a dose of Entacom 200 mg, do not try to make it up by taking an extra dose. Instead, go back to your normal administration schedule as soon as you can and inform your physician about the dose that you have missed.
How should Entacom be stored?
- Keep the tablets in its original packet only until it is time to take them.
- The medicine should be kept in a cool, dry place where it cannot be exposed to sunlight and moisture.
- Avoid keeping the tablets in the window sill as heat and dampness can destroy some medicines.
- Keep the medicine in a place where children and pets cannot reach.