Febucip 80mg (Febuxostat)
Febucip 80mg is a prescription medicine used for the treatment of gout. It is effective in lowering blood uric acid levels in adults with gout. The medicine is equally effective and safe to use in children under 18 years of age. Gout is a type of arthritis caused by defective metabolism of uric acid. The medicine contains the active pharmaceutical, which contains Febuxostat. The active component exerts it mode of action by reducing the amount of uric acid made by cells. This action helps in preventing the build up of uric acid crystals in the joints and therefore helps prevent the pain and swelling of joints.
What is Febucip 80mg used for?
Febucip is useful in the chronic management of hyperuricemia in patients with a history of gout. It is a suitable treatment option for patients who require gout prevention but are unable to use allopurinol.
How does Febucip 80mg work?
Febucip’s active component is Febuxostat which works decreases the uric acid production of uric acid by xanthine oxidase. In this way, it lowers serum acid levels with a resultant decrease in gouty attacks.
Where to buy Febucip 80mg online?
The lowest price for Febucip is available at premiumrxdrugs.com, an online pharmacy that offers fast shipping at your doorsteps. Buy lowest priced arthritis medication of the brand Febucip.
What does Febucip contain?
Febucip contains Febuxostat as the active component, which belongs to a group of medicines known as xanthine oxidase inhibitor, used for reducing blood uric acid levels in patients with gout.
What are the side effects of Febucip?
Like other medications, Febucip may also cause side effects that may be moderate to severe in nature. Give special attention to the following:
- Dermatological issues- rash
- Gastrointestinal disorders- nausea, increased liver function tests
- Musculoskeletal disorders- arthralgia, gout flare
What medications interact with Febucip?
- Exercise caution while using Febucip with theophylline as the active ingredient of the medicine increases the levels of theophylline.
- The use of mercaptopurine and azathioprine along with Febuxostat is contraindicated.
How should Febucip be used?
The recommended initial dose for adults is 40 mg once daily. Your health care specialist may increase your dose to 80 mg once daily. You can take this medicine with or without food and with antacids. In case a gout flare occurs, continue the treatment and consult your healthcare specialist. He/she may add medications to manage gout flare.
Patients should notify health care provider in case you experience chest pain, stroke symptoms, rash, and shortness of breath.
When should Febucip not be used?
- The concurrent use of azathioprine or mercaptopurine is contraindicated.
- Use the medication carefully in patients with severe renal impairment.
- Patients suffering from severe hepatic impairment are advised not to take the tablet without checking with a health care specialist.
- Pregnant should use the medicine only when the potential benefit outweighs the fetal risk.
- Lactating mother are advised to use caution when breastfeeding as there are chances that the medicine may excrete into breast milk.
How long should Febucip be used?
Treatment with Febucip 40mg should be continued as long as a patient continues to benefit or as prescribed by the health care provider. Do not stop the treatment otherwise; you will not get rid of symptoms associated with gout.
Missed dose of Febucip
If you are taking Febucip tablets on a regular basis and miss a dose, take that dose as when you remember without regards to food. The missed dose should not be taken if the time to take the next scheduled dose is near. Avoid doubling up on doses.
How should Febucip be stored?
Store the tablets out of the reach of children, away from light, and moisture. Keep it at controlled room temperature. Do not store the tablets near the window sill as heat can destroy some medications.