Femilon (0.02+ .15)mg Tablet
|Generic Name||Estradiol + Desofestrel|
Estradiol and Desogestrel are the active ingredient present in Femilon. It is mainly used as a contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy.
What is Femilon tablet used for?
Femilon is a combination birth control pill having two main ingredients Estradiol and Desogestrel. These are basically female sex hormones. The medicine is used to prevent pregnancy.
How does Femilon work?
The pill works by preventing the process of releasing of female egg from ovaries also known as ovulation. It also causes changes in the uterine and cervical lining thereby making the cervical mucus more viscous. Due to this it becomes harder for the male sperms to reach uterus. The fertilized egg also does not get attached to the uterus wall.
Where to buy Femilon online?
Femilon is available to our client in (0.02+.15) strength. Buy Femilon online far cheaper than your other local pharmacies.
What does Femilon contain?
Femilon contains two active constituents namely Estradiol and Desogestrel. Each tablet delivers 0.02 mg of Estradiol and 0.150 mg of Desogestrel.
What are the side effects of Femilon?
Some common side effects of the medication include:
- Breast tenderness
- Swelling in limbs
- Vaginal spotting
- Unexpected weight changes
- Irregular periods
If the above side effects continue for long then medical attention is required. Some of the more serious side effects include:
- Sudden breath shortness
- Heart attack
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Pain in chest, left arm or jaw
- Bloody cough
- Unexpected sweating
- Sudden giddiness
- Speech problem
- Vision problem
If you get the above problems and some other discomforts you must consult your doctor immediately.
What medications interact with Femilon?
There are some drugs which when interact with Femilon pills reduce its effectiveness. Such drugs are bosentan, drugs used for treating HIV, hepatitis C, Phenobarbital or other barbitutrates, or seizure medications. If you are using tizanidine, dantrolene or tranexamic acid you should inform your doctor about it. It is best to tell your doctor about your medical history, the current medication and also if you are allergic to any medicines so that drug interaction does not take place.
When should Femilon not be used?
If you are pregnant or planning to be one Femilon is not for you.
How should Femilon be taken?
- The recommended dose will be fixed by the doctor after a thorough examination is carried out. The dosing instructions given by your doctor needs to be followed in detail for best results. The first pill needs to be started on the first day of your period or the immediate Sunday after that and the rest of dose should be continued as per the instruction from doctor. During the initial days you may need to use alternative birth control measures such as condom or spermicide.
- The direction provided should be followed strictly. Any deviation from the prescribed dosage can render the medication ineffective. It can also cause unwanted pregnancy. Take the medicine with the help of water at the same time everyday so as to prevent missing of a dose.
- In case of overdose of pills you may face symptoms like vomiting, nausea and vaginal bleeding. If you get serious overdose effects then you should consult a doctor immediately
- You must inform your doctor in case suffering from uncontrolled high blood pressure, heart disease, blood clotting disorder, problems in eyes, problems with circulation, unexplained vaginal bleeding, migraine, liver disease, problems in kidneys, heart attack etc.
- Alternative birth control methods such as spermicide and condoms should be used during the initial days of using the pill to avoid unwanted pregnancy.
- It is to be ensured that you should not go 24 hours without the pill. Get a refill pack even before the current pack gets over so that you do not miss a single dose.
- Those using the pill may get breakthrough bleeding during the initial three months of starting the medicine. If the problem persists or if it turns heavy then you must see your doctor.
- In case scheduled for a medical test or a surgery or advised a bed rest you may need to stop taking the medicine for some time.
Missed dose of Femilon
Missing a pill can be dangerous as it may result in pregnancy. In case you miss a pill then you need to take two on the day you remember and then take one pill for the rest of the pack on subsequent days. In the first and the second week if you miss two pills consecutively, then you need to take two pills for two consecutive days. This is to be followed by one pill for the rest of the pack.
If you miss two active pills consecutively in the third week, then you should stop using the left over pills and start a new pack the same day if you have started it on Day 1 of your period and if you have started on Sunday then you need to continue with the pill till Sunday and then start with a new pack and discard the old pack.
How should Femilon be stored?
Store the medicine in a dry and a cool place. It should be kept away from light, heat, moisture, pets and children.